|Keep Honest Material|
Please help this wiki community keep honest material by adding reference.
Any out of the ordinary information without references will be removed within 3 months.
|Wada Ayaka promoting "Tade Kuu Mushi mo Like it!"|
|Also Known As||DAWA|
|Born||August 1, 1994|
|Occupation||Idol, Singer, Actress, Model, Author|
|Agency||UP-FRONT AGENCY (2004-2012)|
UP-FRONT PROMOTION (2012-present)
|Associated Acts||ANGERME, Hello Pro Kenshuusei, Shugo Chara Egg!, ZYX-α, Lilpri, Peaberry, Hello! Project Mobekimasu, Hello! Project Station Dance Club, Suzuki Kanon ni Peaberry wo Soete, Hagi-King|
|Joined||April 4, 2009|
|Member Color|| (2014-present) Red|
|Debut Single||aMa no Jaku|
|Time in Group||9 Years, 9 Months, 13 Days|
|Hello Pro Egg Information|
|Left||March 27, 2010|
She initially joined the umbrella group in 2004 as a first generation member of Hello Pro Egg, taking part in Shugo Chara Egg! in 2008 before becoming a member, and the leader of ANGERME in 2009. She became the leader of Hello! Project in 2016.
She is set to graduate from both ANGERME and Hello! Project at ANGERME's spring 2019 tour finale.
Wada Ayaka was born on August 1, 1994 in Gunma, Japan.
Wada Ayaka joined Hello! Project as a member of Hello Pro Egg in June 2004 when she passed the auditions alongside twenty-nine other girls. The aim of the group was to prepare the young girls for their debut into the world of entertainment. As such, Wada received free dance and vocal training alongside the other Eggs.
Wada continued her training and appeared at numerous Hello! Project concerts as a backing dancer, including the Country Musume concert Country Musume LIVE2006 ~Shibuya des Date~.
In November 2007, Wada received a part in the musical Reverse! ~ Watashi no Karada Doko Desu ka?. Wada also took part in the TV show Chao.TV.
Wada was selected to be one of the four members for a new Hello Pro Egg unit alongside Maeda Yuuka, Fukuda Kanon, and Saho Akari. The group was called Shugo Chara Egg! and was formed to record the opening songs for the anime Shugo Chara!. The line up released two singles.
On April 4th, Tsunku announced on his blog that a new group, later named S/mileage, was in the works. The members listed were Wada Ayaka, Maeda Yuuka, Fukuda Kanon and Ogawa Saki. He stated the lineup was subject to change, and that it would be their "major debut".
Wada and the original Shugo Chara Egg! were in Shugo Chara! the Musical. Wada and Saho Akari both played students, X-characters, and X-eggs.
Starting on March 29, Wada was a regular for the NHK educational television program Test no Hanamichi.
Wada and the other members of S/mileage graduated Hello Pro Egg in May 2010 and became full Hello! Project members. Wada, Maeda, and Fukuda became members of a new unit called Lilpri for the anime Hime Chen! Otogi Chikku Idol Lilpri in which all three girls voice characters. Wada also became a regular on a nagoya TV show called Go! Bungee Police with Yaguchi Mari.
On February 25, Wada released her first solo photobook titled Wada Ayaka 16.
On August 9, Wada teamed up with Japan Press Network 47 News as a columnist. Her column, "Art Mileage", featured articles about her visits to museums in Japan. The column ran until November 17 with 10 articles in total.
On February 15, Wada released her second solo photobook titled Aya aya.
On July 20, it was announced that Wada and Sayashi Riho were chosen to form the duo Peaberry. The unit released an indies single, titled "Cabbage Hakusho / Forest Time" (with Harvest), on November 7.
On September 23, Wada sprained her right ankle during the S/mileage Live Tour 2012 Aki ~Choi Kawa Banchou~ concert in Osaka. She was out for 2 to 3 weeks in order to heal.
On February 12, it was announced that Wada would participate in a stageplay titled Moshimo Kokumin ga Shusho o Erandara. There was eleven showings, which it ran from April 24 to April 30.
On March 18, Wada had her last appearance on Test no Hanamichi.
On March 20, it was announced at an event that Wada and Fukuda Kanon will have a shared photobook about their last moments in high school. It is set to be released in April.
Beginning on September 27, 2013, Wada teamed up with PHP Biz Online Shuchi as a columnist. Her column, "Otome no Kaiga Annai" (乙女の絵画案内), consisted of review articles on antique western paintings and was compiled as a book.
On March 14, Wada published her first art appreciation book, Otome no Kaiga Annai.
Starting from June 26, Wada began writing an art column for asianbeat titled "Ayaka Wada(ANGERME) presents 'Ukiyo-e'". The column concluded on April 23, 2015 with 10 articles.
On September 1, Wada celebrated her 20th birthday. She had a special birthday event, titled S/mileage ~Wada Ayaka Birthday Event 2014~. The event featured two performances in Tokyo.
On February 2, it was announced that Wada Ayaka along with Fukuda Kanon were chosen as the plus models for this month issue of H!P Digital Books.
On August 3, Wada celebrated her 21th birthday. She had a special birthday event, titled ANGERME Wada Ayaka Birthday Event 2015. The event featured two performances in Tokyo.
On September 24, Wada graduated as Charge Girl on the morning program Charge 730!.
On February 10, Wada announced her second art appreciation book, Bijutsu de Meguru Nippon Saihakken ~Ukiyo-e・Nihonga Kara Butsuzo Made~, would be published on March 12.
On August 1, Wada celebrated her 22nd birthday at a fanclub event, titled ANGERME Wada Ayaka Birthday Event 2016, which featured two performances at Yamano Hall.
On December 31 at the Hello! Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2016 ~GOOD BYE & HELLO!~, it was announced that Wada would succeed Yajima Maimi as the 6th leader of Hello! Project with Fukumura Mizuki as the sub-leader from 2017.
On August 1, Wada celebrated her 23rd birthday at a fanclub event titled ANGERME Wada Ayaka Birthday Event 2017. The event had two performances at Yamano Hall.
On November 30, she began a monthly column in BIG ONE GIRLS magazine titled "ANGERME Wada Ayaka no Saishoku Kenbi" (ANGERME Wada Ayaka's Coloration and Beauty).
Thank you for always supporting me.
I chose to announce it via the blog because I wanted to compile my thoughts into a text.
The more I thought about it, the stronger my feelings towards the group became. The more I thought about it, I questioned the meaning of life. The more I thought about it, I just became more and more confused.
- “Singing. Dancing. I want to continue doing stuff like that.”
And they told me:
It made me happy.
“I’ll look after my dreams inside the group;”
“Everyone walks their own path in life”
It’s hard for me to grasp.
Thinking about the group, about its future, also influenced the way I think regarding myself.
I didn’t come this far for nothing. I’m kept moving forward because I wanted to. That dream that we were all chasing, wouldn’t it be possible if it’s with ANGERME? I held on to these expectations.
The ANGERME I’m trying to create is but an idealization of my personal desires.
But being able to take a hold of me to this extent
Furthermore, the members of ANGERME are also part of what’s kept leading me astray.
I’ve already gotten my share of life lessons from this. From here on out it’s better for them to step forward and express their own opinions and desires, and I really hope they feel that way too.
It’s when all ANGERME’s original members are gone, that ANGERME will truly begin.
No matter what people might say, I’m ready to continue on as an idol.
I dislike the idea that the label “Idol” has to follow some pre-determined set of conventions. I want to become someone who surpasses those; I want to show the world an idol can be so much more.
That way, I can say that from here on out is the real beginning. I’m excited to discover my own expression. But more than anything, I want to continue being a girl who can provide people with courage, and lift them up no matter what kind of troubles might be weighing on their mind.
I hope my future activities would come to be beneficial for Hello! Project as well. Hello! Project who reached its twentieth anniversary this year; It’d be nice if it’d continue this trend from now on as well.
It’s only one more year, but I’ll doing my utmost to present to you the best group there ever was, so I’d be happy if you’d continue to look after us.
Thank you for your continued support.
On August 1, she celebrated her 24th birthday at a fanclub event titled ANGERME Wada Ayaka Birthday Event 2018, which featured two shows at Yamano Hall.
On October 15, Wada began an article series titled "Art ni Muchuu!" (Obsessed With Art!) for the art news smartphone app Pia.
During the first part of the Hello! Project 20th Anniversary!! Hello! Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2018 ~GOOD BYE & HELLO!~ concert, she announced that Fukumura Mizuki would succeed her as the leader of Hello! Project after she graduates.
- Main article: Family of Wada Ayaka
When Wada joined Hello Pro Egg in 2004, she was a nine-year-old, turning ten, in the fourth year of elementary school. Since entering high school, Wada began to have an interest in western art and began visiting museums more often.
In December 2012 at the launch event for the single "Samui ne.", Wada and Fukuda Kanon both announced that they both would take the upcoming university entrance exams, which usually takes place in the winter season. On January 19, 2013, Ayaka announced on her blog that she began taking the entrance exam for an undisclosed university.
On April 1, 2013, Wada announced on that she had graduated from high school the day before, March 31, and would be starting university. It was rumored she is attending Jissen Women's University, majoring in art. In September 2013, it was confirmed that Wada was majoring in art and specializing in western paintings.
In an asianbeat interview published in March 2016, Wada said that she wants to become a curator.
Wada's given name, Ayaka, means "color" (彩; aya) combined with "flower" (花; ka). Her parents chose it from either Reina, Reika, Erika, or Ayaka.
- Name: Wada Ayaka (和田彩花)
- Nickname: DAWA, Ayacho (あやちょ/あや著)
- Birthdate: August 1, 1994
- Birthplace: Gunma prefecture, Japan
- Bloodtype: A
- Height: 163cm
- Western Zodiac: Leo
- Eastern Zodiac: Dog
- Hello! Project Status:
- 2004-6: Hello Pro Egg member
- 2009-04-04: S/mileage member
- Years in ANGERME: 7 Years
- Official Kaomoji: 川 ´‘ _‘||
- S/mileage / ANGERME Color:
- Blue (2009-2014)
- Red (2014-present)
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Hobbies: Collecting sparkling accessories, collecting belts and hats, shopping for clothes.
- Special skills: Swimming, track-and-field.
- Likes: Clothes, belts, hats, decorations.
- Dislikes: Green caterpillars, TV shows with scary beings.
- Favorite Food: American cherry
- Least Favorite Food: Liver, milk
- Favorite Colors: Pink, purple, and black
- Favorite Animal: Dogs and Cats
- Favorite English Word: "English"
- Favorite Songs: "Dondengaeshi", "Namidacchi"
- Looks up to: Matsuura Aya, Takahashi Ai
- See also: List:Wada Ayaka Discography Featured In
- Gensou Genwaku Innocence (from LILIUM -Lilium Shoujo Junketsu Kageki-)
- aMa no Jaku (S/mileage cover; from SMILE FANTASY!)
- Believe in Me (from MODE)
- Oni no Producer (from Yumemiru Television)
- [2011.03.02] Ayaka
- [2012.03.07] Aya
- [2013.02.14] Vivid Flower (“e-Hello!” DVD)
- [2014.08.01] The Season (“e-Hello!” DVD)
Solo Fanclub DVDsEdit
- [2015.xx.xx] ANGERME Wada Ayaka Birthday Event 2015
- [2016.xx.xx] ANGERME Wada Ayaka Birthday Event 2016
- See also: List:Wada Ayaka Publications Featured In
- [2014.03.14] Otome no Kaiga Annai (乙女の美術案内; A Maiden's Guide to Art)
- [2016.03.12] Bijutsu de Meguru Nihon Saihakken ~Ukiyo-e・Nihonga Kara Butsuzo Made~ (美術でめぐる日本再発見～浮世絵・日本画から仏像まで～)
-  Kaidan Shin Mimibukuro・Igyou (怪談新耳袋・異形) (as Shiori)
-  JK Ninja Girls (cameo)
- [2007.09.02] Chao.TV (ちゃお.TV)
- [2010–2013] Test no Hanamichi (テストの花道) (Regular)
- [2010–] Hanasaka Times (Disney Corner; Hanasaka Disney)
-  Oha Star (おはスタ) (2 episodes)
-  Go! Bungee Police (出動！バンジーP)
-  Smile Factory
- [2011-2012] Hello Pro! TIME (ハロプロTIME)
-  S/mileage no Sono Joshiki Choto Mate Kudasai! (スマイレージのその常識チョトマテクダサイ!)
- [2012-2013] Hello! SATOYAMA Life (ハロー! SATOYAMA ライフ)
- [2014-] The Girls Live
-  Charge 730! (チャージ730！)
-  Hanbun Esper
-  Love Letter 5 Years Ago (5年後のラブレター) (as young Kanzaki Mai)
-  Suugaku♥Joshi Gakuen (数学♥女子学園)
- [2010–2011] Hime-chen! Otogichikku Idol Lilpri (ひめチェン!おとぎちっくアイドル リルぷりっ) (as Yukimori Ringo)
-  Reverse! ~ Watashi no Karada Doko Desu ka?
-  Obaachanchi no Curry Rice ~Smile Recipe~
-  Shugo Chara! (as Sakura, X-Egg)
-  Koisuru Hello Kitty
-  Moshimo Kokumin ga Shushou wo Erandara (もしも国民が首相を選んだら)
-  Warera Jeanne ~Shoujo Seisen Kageki~ (as Jeanne d'Arc and Gigi)
-  LILIUM -Lilium Shoujo Junketsu Kageki- (as Snow)
-  SMILE FANTASY!
-  MODE
-  Yumemiru Television
-  LADY OUT LAW! (daily guest role)
-  Attack No.1
- [2015-] ANGERME Wada Ayaka no Bijurme (アンジュルム和田彩花のビジュルム)
-  Mano Erina - Hajimete no Keiken (as a back-up dancer)
-  Mano Erina - Sekai wa Summer Party (as a back-up dancer)
-  Mano Erina - Kono Mune no Tokimeki wo (as a back-up dancer)
-  Mano Erina - Love&Peace=Paradise (as a back-up dancer)
-  ℃-ute - To Tomorrow (as a back-up dancer)
-  Horiuchi Takao - Minna Shounen Datta
-  Zombie Daisuki (ぞんびだいすき)
-  McDonald's
-  Mister Donut (ミスタードーナツの)
-  Michishige Sayumi no "Mobekimasutte Nani??" (道重さゆみの『モベキマスってなに？？』)
- [2013-] Hello! Project Station
- [2016-] Upcoming
- She was voted 7th favorite member in the 2011 "Hello! Project Music Awards" event.
- She was ranked 3rd in the High School Group of the Beautiful Idol General Election 2012.
- She ranked 10th in mixi's June 2013 Hello! Project Popularity Ranking.
- Eats bread in the morning.
- If she could join another group, she'd join Morning Musume.
- Has a habit of cracking her knuckles.
- Her favorite spot is her room.
- She was Amulet Diamond while in Shugo Chara Egg!.
- She once forgot the title of S/mileage's major debut single while they were performing as the opening act at a ℃-ute concert.
- Fans, as well as other Hello! Project members, have said she has become more reliable as a person and a leader since the 2nd generation joined.
- As a result of an incorrectly translated article, there is a misunderstanding that she dislikes foreigners.
- At first disliked that there were going to be new members added, but in the end, was happy and welcomed the girls.
- She dislikes snakes so much to the point she doesn't even want to go near them even behind glass cages.
- She is featured in magazines the most out of all the ANGERME members (namely in UTB).
- Wada's favorite seniors are Tsugunaga Momoko and Yajima Maimi.
- In Fukuda Kanon's final interview before her graduation, she had this to say about Wada: “She was about the least reliable member when S/mileage first started out, but now she’s trusted by everyone and she’s an amazing leader. She’s an extremely valuable individual to both ANGERME and to me."
- As of November 2015, She is the only remaining first generation member of Hello Pro Egg still active in Hello! Project.
- Wada's favorite western artists are Édouard Manet and Rembrandt, the former being the first artist whose work she encountered.
- She is the first Hello! Project leader to come from Hello Pro Egg, and the first that is not a member of ℃-ute or Morning Musume.
- She is the longest serving leader of a generational group in Hello! Project.
- As of March 2017, Wada is the first Hello! Project member to enter graduate school.
- If she could be reborn as someone else, she would be Matsuura Aya because she was the top songstress in Hello! Project. Wada had also been told by a past manager of Matsuura that "Matsuura truly sang from the bottom of her heart", so in that sense Wada wants to be like her when she sings.
- She believes she is the best Hello! Project member at appreciating art.
- The first member of Hello! Project to remain in a group while six successive generations join.
- Gallery:Wada Ayaka
- List:Wada Ayaka Discography Featured In
- List:Wada Ayaka Publications Featured In
- List:Wada Ayaka Concert & Event Appearances
- List:Wada Ayaka Pocket Morning Weekly Q&A
- Side:Family of Wada Ayaka
Leader of ANGERME
Oldest member of ANGERME
Longest serving leader of ANGERME
Longest serving member of ANGERME
Leader of Hello! Project
- ↑ "エッグ新ユニット グループ名決定！！". Hello Project Official Fanclub Web Site. 2009-05-11.
- ↑ Tsunku. "Ｓ/ｍｉｌｅａｇｅ ユニット名 由来・意味について". Tsunku Official Blog. 2009-05-08
- ↑ Tsunku. “新ユニット” (in Japanese). Tsunku Official Blog. 2009-04-04.
- ↑ "スマイレージ和田彩花の「アート・マイレージ」" (in Japanese). Japan Press Network 47 News. 2011.
- ↑ "和田彩花連載「アート・マイレージ」スタート！" (archived) (in Japanese). S/mileage Official Website. 2011-08-10.
- ↑ "Two new Hello! Project units formed". tokyohive. 2012-07-21.
- ↑ "「Graduation-高校卒業-」 (TOKYO NEWS MOOK 339号)" (in Japanese). Amazon.co.jp.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 "和田彩花の「乙女の絵画案内」" (in Japanese). PHP Biz Online Shuchi. 2013-10-11.
- ↑ Sakurai Takamasa. "#75 This Will Make You Want to Pay a Visit to the Art Gallery! Wada Ayaka (S/mileage) Breathing New Life into Art Appreciation". Asian Beat. 2013-10-30.
- ↑ "Ayaka Wada(ANGERME) presents 'Ukiyo-e'." asianbeat.
- ↑ "新“朝の顔”大橋アナ、視聴率は控えめ「簡単には出ない」" (in Japanese). ORICON STYLE. 2015-03-25.
- ↑ アンジュルム on Twitter (in Japanese). 2015-03-25.
- ↑ "「乙女の絵画案内」(中国語版 繁体字)発売のお知らせ" (in Japanese). 2015-07-27.
- ↑ "チャージガール" (in Japanese). ANGERME Ayaka Wada Official Blog "Ayacho". 2015-09-25.
- ↑ "和田彩花（アンジュルム）の美術書第2弾「美術でめぐる日本再発見～浮世絵・日本画から仏像まで～」が発売決定！！" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2016-02-10.
- ↑ "ハロプロ新リーダーにアンジュルム和田彩花が就任 サブリーダーはモー娘。譜久村聖" (in Japanese). ORICON STYLE. 2016-12-31.
- ↑ "【ライブレポート】ハロー！プロジェクト、新リーダーに和田彩花＆サブリーダーに譜久村聖が任命" (in Japanese). BARKS. 2016-12-31.
- ↑ "リーダー" (in Japanese). Wada Ayaka Official Blog. 2017-01-01.
- ↑ "戦国時代展" (in Japanese). Wada Ayaka Official Blog. 2017-01-27.
- ↑ "「戦国時代展～A CENTURY of DREAMS～」和田彩花 1日学芸員として参加！" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2017-02-01.
- ↑ "毎奇数月31日発売「BIG ONE GIRLS」でアンジュルム和田彩花の連載決定！" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2017-11-29.
- ↑ "アンジュルム 和田彩花の卒業に関するお知らせ" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2018-05-04.
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 "皆さまへ" (in Japanese). Wada Ayaka Official Blog. 2018-04-05.
- ↑ "Ayaka Wada - Graduation Announcement Blog" (in English). nogistreet (via tumblr). 2018-04-05.
- ↑ "ハロー！プロジェクト20周年記念「ファミハロ！PHOTOBOOK」発売決定！！" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2018-04-27.
- ↑ "堀内孝雄『みんな少年だった』(Takao Horiuchi [Everyone was once a boy.])(MV)" (in Japanese). UP-FRONT Channel (via YouTube). 2018-08-16.
- ↑ "矢島舞美主演舞台「LADY OUT LAW!」和田彩花・上國料萌衣・浜浦彩乃のゲスト出演決定！" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2018-09-06.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/artpia_pia/status/1051736427170488321
- ↑ Kaga Kaede. "インスタスタート！ 加賀楓" (in Japanese). Morning Musume 13ki・14ki Official Blog. 2018-12-31.
- ↑ http://www.wada148.com/
- ↑ Wada Ayaka. "とらのすけ可愛い" (in Japanese). S/mileage Wada Ayaka Official Blog. 2011-05-18.
- ↑ Wada Ayaka. "ちーず" (in Japanese). S/mileage Wada Ayaka Official Blog. 2013-12-13.
- ↑ Wada Ayaka. "ハロコン" (in Japanese). Wada Ayaka Official Ameba Blog. 2013-01-19.
- ↑ Wada Ayaka. "皆さんへ！" (in Japanese). Wada Ayaka Official Ameba Blog. 2013-04-01.
- ↑ "Interview with Ayaka Wada to Celebrate the Launch of her New Book, “Rediscovering Japan Through Art” (ODYSSEY BOOKS INC.) – Ayaka Wada (ANGERME) X Takamasa Sakurai (Producer)." asianbeat. 2016.03-12.
- ↑ "卒業式と広島！" (in Japanese). Wada Ayaka Official Blog. 2017-03-19.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/d_garden_t/status/848123445074247680
- ↑ B.L.T. June 2017 Issue, p.36. Published 2017-04-24.
- ↑ 39.0 39.1 39.2 39.3 39.4 39.5 39.6 39.7 "アンジュルム和田彩花が“20問20答”でハロプロ愛を語る！【ハロプロ誕生20周年記念連載】" (in Japanese). The Television. 2017-11-24.
- ↑ Pocket Morning. 2016-10-12. (Translation by Ro-kun)
- ↑ http://www.esrp2.jp/hpma/2011/result/member.html
- ↑ http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2135590479120496801
- ↑ Sakurai Takamasa. "#39 Kanon Fukuda’s Final Interview as a Member of ANGERME". Asian Beat. 2015-11-25.
- ↑ "Interview with Ayaka Wada to Celebrate the Launch of her New Book, “Rediscovering Japan Through Art” (ODYSSEY BOOKS INC.) – Ayaka Wada (ANGERME) X Takamasa Sakurai (Producer)." asianbeat. 2016-03-12.
- ↑ "[JAPAN! JAPAN! JAPAN!] #95 Exploring the X and Y Axis of Western and Japanese Paintings! Wada Ayaka’s (S/mileage) Guide to Paintings Goes on Sale!" asianbeat. 2014-03-27.
- Profiles: S/mileage (archived), ANGERME
- Blog: ANGERME Wada Ayaka Official Blog
- Retired Blogs: Ameba Blog #1, Gree Blog
|Hello Pro Kenshuusei|