|Tsubaki Factory promoting "Teion Yakedo"|
|Anniversary||February 22 (Tsubaki Factory Day)|
April 29 (formation)
|Singing Instructor||Ueno Mariko|
|Labels||UP-FRONT WORKS (2015–)|
|Associated Acts||Hello Pro Kenshuusei|
|Current Members||Yamagishi Riko (2015–)|
Ogata Risa (2015–)
Niinuma Kisora (2015–)
Tanimoto Ami (2015–)
Kishimoto Yumeno (2015–)
Asakura Kiki (2015–)
Ono Mizuho (2016–)
Onoda Saori (2016–)
Akiyama Mao (2016–)
Tsubaki Factory (つばきファクトリー; Camellia Factory) is a Japanese pop group under Hello! Project, originally formed with six members from Hello Pro Kenshuusei in late April 2015. As of August 2016, they are currently nine members.
- Main article: Tsubaki Factory Members
- Yamagishi Riko (山岸理子; Light Green) Leader
- Ogata Risa (小片リサ; Light Orange) Sub-leader
- Niinuma Kisora (新沼希空; Light Blue)
- Tanimoto Ami (谷本安美; Light Purple)
- Kishimoto Yumeno (岸本ゆめの; Yellow)
- Asakura Kiki (浅倉樹々; Light Pink)
- Ono Mizuho (小野瑞歩; Emerald Green)
- Onoda Saori (小野田紗栞; Peach)
- Akiyama Mao (秋山眞緒; Light Red)
On April 29, the group was announced through Japanese media, and confirmed through Hello! Project Station. The group made their first performance at the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2015 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~ on May 4.
On May 26, the group participated as an opening act at ANGERME STARTING LIVE TOUR SPECIAL @ Nippon Budokan "Taiki Bansei".
On September 6, Tsubaki Factory released their first indies single "Seishun Manmannaka!" at the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2015 ~9gatsu no Nama Tamago Show!~ concert venue.
From October 8 to October 18, Tsubaki Factory starred in the Engeki Joshibu musical remake of Thank You Very Berry, which also featured and was directed by Sudo Maasa, who starred in the original stageplay.
On December 31, Tsubaki Factory released their second indies single "Kedakaku Sakihokore!" at the Hello! Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2015 ~GOOD BYE & HELLO!~ concert venue.
On March 19, Tsubaki Factory released their first mini album titled Tsubaki Factory SOUND + VISION Vol.1 at the Asobu. Kurasu. Sodateru. SATOYAMA & SATOUMI e Ikou 2016 venue as a limited pre-sale. The mini album was released for general sale on May 18.
The new line-up debuted on September 4 at Hello! Project Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2016 9gatsu ~SINGING!~, where it was announced by Hello! Project advisor Shimizu Saki that Tsubaki Factory would finally make their major debut in January 2017.
On October 22, they announced during the Tsubaki Factory Ouen Kikaku ~Camellia Fights! vol.2~ event that their major debut single would be released on February 22, 2017.
2017: Major DebutEdit
On February 22, Tsubaki Factory released their major debut single, "Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia".
On February 28, the members were removed from the Hello Pro Kenshuusei profile page on the official Hello! Project site, indicating they had officially left Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
On May 24, Tsubaki Factory performed at GIRLS ROCKS.
On June 17, Tsubaki Factory performed at the GIRLS IDOL FESTA 2017.
On July 15, Ogata Risa, Niinuma Kisora, Tanimoto Ami, Kishimoto Yumeno, and Ono Mizuho appeared on TBS's Ongaku no Hi 2017 in a pre-recorded performance. They were part of a special Hello! Project unit with Morning Musume '17 and a selection of members from ANGERME and Kobushi Factory.
On July 26, Tsubaki Factory released their second major single, "Shuukatsu Sensation / Waratte / Hana Moyou".
On November 16, Tsubaki Factory were also announced to have won a Newcomer Award from the 59th Japan Record Awards. At the ceremony on December 30, they were presented their award and were later announced as the winners of the Best Newcomer Award out of three other artists.
On January 5, Tsubaki Factory began their first radio show on Tokai Radio, titled Tsubaki Factory no Camellia Night.
On February 21, Tsubaki Factory will release their third single, "Teion Yakedo / Shunrenka / I Need You ~Yozora no Kanransha~".
Group Name OriginEdit
The camellia (tsubaki) was "decided with praising the noble and cold beauty and wanting the group to be fresh and strong like the evergreen." The word "factory", also used in the name of their sister group Kobushi Factory, is named to reference Berryz Koubou ("koubou" meaning "workshop"), so that the group may carry on Berryz Koubou's spirit.
- Main article: Tsubaki Factory Discography
- Indies Singles
- [2015.09.06] Seishun Manmannaka!
- [2015.12.31] Kedakaku Sakihokore!
- [2016.08.06] Hitorijime / Watashi ga Obasan ni Natte mo (DVD single)
- Major Singles
- [2017.02.22] Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia
- [2017.07.26] Shuukatsu Sensation / Waratte / Hana Moyou
- [2018.02.21] Teion Yakedo / Shunrenka / I Need You ~Yozora no Kanransha~
- Soundtrack Singles
- Mini Albums
- [2016.03.19] Tsubaki Factory SOUND + VISION Vol.1
- [2016.02.03] Thank You Very Berry
- [2016.03.28] Tsubaki Factory FC Event 2015 ~Mini Mini ☆ Christmas-kai~
- [2016.12.24] Tsubaki Factory FC Event 2016
- [2017.01.26] Tsubaki Factory Ouen Kikaku ~Camellia Fights! vol.1~
- [2017.02.11] Tsubaki Factory Ouen Kikaku ~Camellia Fights! vol.2~
- [2017.03.25] Tsubaki Factory Ouen Kikaku ~Camellia Fights! vol.3~
- [2017.04.26] Tsubaki Factory Ouen Kikaku ~Camellia Fights! vol.4 Mini Mini☆Christmas-kai 2~
- [2017.06.xx] Tsubaki Factory Ouen Kikaku ~Camellia Fights! vol.5~
- [2015.09.19] Tsubaki Factory 2016 Calendar
- [2016.09.24] Tsubaki Factory 2017 Calendar
- [2016.11.xx] Tsubaki Factory 2018 Calendar
- [2015.07.11] Hello! Project Maruwakari BOOK 2015 SUMMER
- [2016.01.02] Hello! Project Maruwakari BOOK 2016 WINTER
- [2018–] Tsubaki Factory no Camellia Night (つばきファクトリーのキャメリアナイト)
- Shimizu Saki assisted in picking the group name and members.
- Ogata Risa and Tanimoto Ami were in Hello Pro Kenshuusei for only 5 months before joining the unit.
- Asakura Kiki was in Hello Pro Kenshuusei for only 6 months and 5 days before joining the unit.
- Yamagishi Riko has been in Hello Pro Kenshuusei the longest out of all the members, having joined the program in June 2012.
- Ono Mizuho, Onoda Saori, and Akiyama Mao were only members for 3 weeks and 1 day before the unit's major debut was announced.
- February 22, the date of their major debut, was dubbed by Ogata Risa as TsuTsuTsu Day (つつつDay) or Tsubaki Factory Day.
- [2017.12.04] 50th Japan Cable Awards - Newcomer Award
- [2017.12.30] 59th Japan Record Awards - Newcomer Award
- [2017.12.30] 59th Japan Record Awards - Best Newcomer Award
- Tsubaki Factory Members
- Tsubaki Factory Discography
- Tsubaki Factory Concerts & Events
- Gallery:Tsubaki Factory
- Gallery:Tsubaki Factory Music Videos
Total Sales CountEdit
|Year||Group Sales||Collaboration Sales||Total Sales|
- ↑ つばきファクトリー、リーダーに山岸理子
- ↑ "つばきファクトリー 新メンバー加入決定！" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2016-08-13.
- ↑ "「つばきファクトリー」来年１月メジャーデビュー決定 メンバー号泣" (in Japanese). Tokyo Sports. 2016-09-04.
- ↑ "つばきファクトリー、2017年にメジャーデビュー決定" (in Japanese). BARKS. 2016-09-04.
- ↑ Ono Mizuho. "紙みずほでごじゃいます。小野瑞歩" (in Japanese). Tsubaki Factory Official Blog. 2016-10-22.
- ↑ http://www.helloproject.com/event/detail/efac767927c40ee9907301bb49becdb8072df74e
- ↑ http://www.hirakatapark.co.jp/event/show/17sp-girlsidol
- ↑ "モーニング娘。’17、Hello! Projectメンバー（選抜）出演「TBS音楽番組 歌収録」 観覧募集のお知らせ" (in Japanese). UP-FC. 2017-07-07.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/gamabin/status/885363649073692673
- ↑ "TBS『音楽の日』にモー娘。'17、キック、氣志團ら9組。ハロプロ選抜ユニットも" (in Japanese). BARKS. 2017-07-12.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 "日本有線大賞：50回節目でテレビ放送終了 候補に“坂道”グループが初選出" (in Japanese). MANTANWEB. 2017-11-09.
- ↑ "『有線大賞』今年がラスト放送 50回迎えた節目で最終回【受賞アーティスト10組発表】" (in Japanese). ORICON NEWS. 2017-11-09.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 "『第59回輝く！日本レコード大賞』、各賞受賞者発表" (in Japanese). BARKS. 2017-11-16.
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 "『レコ大』つばきファクトリーが最優秀新人賞 安住アナも思わず“もらい泣き”" (in Japanese). ORICON NEWS. 2017-12-30.
- ↑ https://twitter.com/1332music/status/944189645901852674
- ↑ "＜スカパー! 音楽祭＞第2弾につばきファクトリー、T-BOLAN、NOBUら6組" (in Japanese). BARKS. 2018-01-15.
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 "[EN] Concerning the new Hello! Project unit." UP-FRONT LINK. 2015-04-29.
- ↑ Ogata Risa. "女子力結構高いってよ！ 小片リサ" (in Japanese). Tsubaki Factory Official Blog. 2016-10-22.
- Official website
- Tsubaki Factory blog, Facebook page, Twitter, Google+, YouTube channel
- Oricon Announcement