Suugaku♥Joshi Gakuen (数学♥女子学園; Math girls school) was a japanese TV-Drama starring the full Hello! Project cast. The drama also featured Sakurada Dori, and former Hello! Project members Iida Kaori, Yasuda Kei, Ishikawa Rika, Kikkawa Yuu and Saho Akari. It aired from January 11 until March 28 and had a rating of 1.65%.
- TV Show: Suugaku Joshi Gakuen
- Romaji: Suugaku Joshi Gakuen
- English: Math girl`s School
- Japanese: 数学女子学園 / 数学♥女子学園
- Director: Yuto Kawai
- Writer: Masahiro Yamaura
- Network: NTV
- Episodes: 12
- Run Date: January 11, 2012 - March 28, 2012
- Run Time: Wednesday 24:59-25:29
- TV Ratings: 1.65%
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
The story, developed with the cooperation of the International Mathematical Olympiad in Japan, set at a specialized math school, where Michishige and Tanaka both take on the roles of “suugaku joshi” (“math girls”).
Naturally, the show would incorporate various mathematical functions and formulas into the story and dialogue.
A few months ago, the Mathematics genius girl Machida Nina moved to "Machida Math Girl School" from the public school in the Fukuoka Prefecture. Nina has to find her elder sister Machida Kiina, who vanished from this school one year ago. Nina decided to get the title of "Suugaku Banchou" (leader of math), in order to get the key to finding her sister.
Tachikawa Sayuri is Nina's classmate. She is aiming to beat and win against Nina in the mathematic battle. She believes hold her own.
Some time later, Sato Kazuki (Sakurada Dori), a hater of math, is transferred to a new school. On the first day of his new school, he walks to school and spots a pretty girl named Machida Nina (Tanaka Reina). At school, his homeroom teacher takes him to a classroom. On the chalkboard is mathematical formulas. He is surprised. His homeroom teacher tells him that his new school specializes in mathematics. Sato Kazuki is stunned.
On the other hand, Sato Kazuki is happy to see many pretty girls in his new classroom. When he sits in his seat, he sees a girl climb through the window and into the classroom. The girl sits next to Sato Kazuki. The girl turns out to be Machida Nina, whom Kazuki spotted on his way to school.
During break, Machida Nina takes Kazuki School to the school cafeteria and tells him to buy bread whenever she asks. At this moment, Tachikawa Sayuri (Michishige Sayumi) and her two friends, who do not like Machida Nina, scheme to get Sato Kazuki and Machida Nina expelled from school.
Sato Kazuki walks around the school and sees a bunch of girls recite mathematical figures. He wonders to himself what they are doing. A girl then comes close to him and tells him that they are practicing to become the math president. Meanwhile, Machida Nina sits on a bench and a teacher sits next to her. Machida Nina tells her that she misses her older sister a lot. Her older sister went missing, right after she became the math president. Now, Machida Nina wants to become the math president in order to find out what happened to her sister.
- Tanaka Reina as Machida Nina (町田ニーナ)
- Michishige Sayumi as Tachikawa Sayuri (立川さゆり)
- Sakurada Dori (桜田通) as Satou Kazuki (佐藤一樹)
- Yajima Maimi as Shibuya Mami (渋谷真実)
- Suzuki Airi as Uehara Yuri (上原優梨)
- Niigaki Risa as Toriumi Nagisa (鳥海渚)
- Fukumura Mizuki as Akasaka Haru (赤坂春)
- Ikuta Erina as Nakano Riko (中野理子)
- Sayashi Riho as Nagata Sana (永田沙奈)
- Suzuki Kanon as Otsuka Mei (大塚メイ)
- Iikubo Haruna as Utagawa Rin (宇田川りん)
- Ishida Ayumi as Jinnan Runa (神南瑠菜)
- Sato Masaki as Miyamasu Rion (宮益りおん)
- Kudo Haruka as Miyashita Noa (宮下のあ)
- Shimizu Saki as Azabu Mirai (麻布未来)
- Tsugunaga Momoko as Harajuku Tomoko (原宿ともこ)
- Tokunaga Chinami as Jinguu Takako (神宮貴子)
- Sudo Maasa as Okubo Fuyumi (大久保冬美)
- Nakajima Saki as Komaba Satoko (駒場聡子)
- Okai Chisato as Mita Tomoko (三田智子)
- Hagiwara Mai as Yotsuya Yuuko (四谷優子)
- Mano Erina as Shirogane Reiko (白金麗子)
- Wada Ayaka as Tengenji Sora (天現寺空)
- Fukuda Kanon as Yamashita Umi (山下海)
- Tamura Meimi as Okura Riku (大倉陸)
- Kikkawa Yuu as Aoyama Iroha (青山彩葉)
- Saho Akari as Hatsudai Mina (初台みな)
- Miyamoto Karin as Meguro Yuu (目黒ゆう)
- Takagi Sayuki as Maihama Haru (舞浜はる)
- Tanabe Nanami as Daiba Aki (台場あき)
- Yoshihashi Kurumi as Hakkeijima Natsu (八景島なつ)
- Ishikawa Rika as Machida Kiina
- Yasuda Kei as Sugamo Akina
- Iida Kaori as Asakusa Seiko
- When Kazuki (Sakurada) sees Mami (Yajima Maimi) the first time, he calls her C-ute.
- When they go to the final math battle, they're dancing a mix of Pyocopyoco Ultra, THE Manpower!! and The☆Peace!.
- When Nina (Tanaka Reina) guessed Seiko's (Iida Kaori) age, she said 30. This was Iida's real age at the time.
- Sayuri's (Michishige Sayumi) nickname after episode one is Sayu, which is Michishige's real nickname.
- Tomoko (Tsugunaga Momoko) often made the Yurushite Nyan-pose when apologizing.