|Ogawa Rena promoting "Kobushi Sono Ichi"|
|Also Known As||Renako (れなこ?)|
|Born||March 27, 2000|
|Occupation||Idol, Singer, Actress, Model|
|Agency||UP-FRONT AGENCY (2011-2012)|
UP-FRONT PROMOTION (2012-)
|Associated Acts||Hello Pro Kenshuusei, Kobushi Factory|
|Kobushi Factory Information|
|Joined||Janaury 2, 2015|
|Time in Group||2 Years, 0 Months, 17 Days|
|Hello Pro Kenshuusei Information|
|“||The kobushi has deep meanings like in the language of flowers like "friendship", "welcome", so I'd like us to create a group with strong and deep bonds.||”|
–Ogawa Rena, January 2015
Ogawa Rena (小川麗奈) is a member of Kobushi Factory, a Hello Pro Kenshuusei unit under Hello! Project. She joined the trainee program in June 2011 and was formally introduced at the September 2011 recital alongside two other girls.
Ogawa Rena was born on March 27, 2000 in Tochigi, Japan. She has been learning piano since she was two years old. Prior to joining Hello Pro Egg, she attended a children talent school.
In fall 2010, Ogawa auditioned for Morning Musume 9th generation, but failed to pass.
In June 2011, Ogawa joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei after successfully passing an audition to join the program. She was formally introduced as a member on September 11, 2011 at the Hello Pro Egg 2011 Happyoukai ~9gatsu no Nama Tamago Show!~ event alongside Otsuka Aina and Mogi Minami.
In summer 2011, Ogawa auditioned for Morning Musume 10th generation, but failed to pass.
In 2012, Ogawa auditioned for Morning Musume 11th generation, but failed to pass.
Ogawa participated as a backup dancer in the ℃-ute Concert Tour 2012 Winter ~Shinseinaru Pentagram~.
On January 27, Ogawa, along with Kaneko Rie, Miyamoto Karin, Tanabe Nanami, Hamaura Ayano, and Murota Mizuki appeared as an opening act for the Morning Musume's mini live event at the Osaka's Senri SELCY Square to promote Help me!!, they sang Kanojo ni Naritai and were backdancers for Love Machine.
Ogawa participated in Berryz Koubou Concert Tour 2013 Haru ~Berryz Mansion Nyuukyosha Boshuuchuu!~, alongside Hamaura Ayano and Taguchi Natsumi, as a backup dancer. With her Kenshuusei co-members, she performed Suhada Pichipichi in the tour.
On March 2, Ogawa participated in the Satoyama event alongside other Hello Pro Kenshuusei members.
Ogawa participated as a backup dancer in the ℃-ute Budokan Concert 2013 "Queen of J-POP ~Tadori Tsuita Onna Senshi~" and its concert tour.
Ogawa participated as a backup dancer in the Berryz Koubou Debut 10th Anniversary Concert Tour 2014 ~Real Berryz Koubou~.
On January 2, during the Hello! Project 2015 WINTER ~DANCE MODE!~ concert, it was announced that Ogawa would be debuting in a new unit alongside Hamaura Ayano, Taguchi Natsumi, Nomura Minami, Wada Sakurako, Fujii Rio, Hirose Ayaka and Inoue Rei.
On March 29, Ogawa celebrated her 16th birthday at a special event titled Kobushi Factory Ogawa Rena Birthday Event 2016, featuring two performances in Tokyo.
She has an older brother and a younger brother. Ogawa's family owns a villa.
When Ogawa joined Hello Pro Egg, she was a sixth year elementary school student. As of April 2016, she is currently attending her first year of high school.
The following list are notable friendships Ogawa Rena has acquired:
Ogawa's given name, Rena, is a combination of "lovely" (麗) and "crab-apple tree" (奈).
Here is a list of nicknames that was used to refer to Ogawa Rena:
- Renako (れなこ): Official nickname, given her since Hello Pro Egg.
- Name: Ogawa Rena (小川麗奈)
- Official Nickname: Renako (れなこ)
- Birthdate: March 27, 2000
- Birthplace: Tochigi, Japan
- Blood type: A
- Height: 158cm
- Hello! Project Status:
- 2011-06.06: Hello Pro Kenshuusei Member
- 2015.01.02: Kobushi Factory Member
- Kobushi Factory Member Color: Red (2015-)
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Specialty: Piano, putting thumb to wrist
- Hobbies: Reading books
- Motto: "Ichigo ichie" (一期一会; One time, one meeting)
- Favorite Food: Cake, Chocolate cake, Ice
- Favorite Colors: White, Red
- Favorite Sports: Track and Field, Basketball
- Favorite Subject: Music
- Least Favorite Subject: Math
- Favorite Hello! Project Song: "Dance de Bakoon!"
- Favorite Morning Musume Song: Love & Peace! HERO ga Yattekita.
- Looks Up To: Sugaya Risako
-  JK Ninja Girls
- [2013.11.25] UTB+ (Vol.17) (with Sasaki Rikako)
- [2014.04.23] UTB (with Tanabe Nanami, Hamaura Ayano, Makino Maria, Sasaki Rikako)
- [2014.07.23] UTB+ (Vol. 21) (with Tanabe Nanami, Hamaura Ayano, Makino Maria, Sasaki Rikako)
- She is the first member of Hello! Project to be from Tochigi prefecture.
- She won the judge's special award for best character at the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2014 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~.
- She believes she won't lose to any other Hello Pro Kenshuusei member in amount of moles and going at her own pace.
- She wants to become an idol that everyone knows.
- In the March 2014 issue of Gekkan Entame, she was ranked 3rd with Niinuma Kisora as the "most airheaded" in Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
- She heard about Hello Pro Kenshuusei when she went to a children's talent school.
- She thinks the best thing about Hello Pro Kenshuusei was being able to stand on stage with her seniors as a back dancer.
- She thinks the hardest thing about Hello Pro Kenshuusei was remembering the songs and dances.
- When asked what group she'd like to debut in, she said Morning Musume. When asked again later, she didn't specify what group, but said she'd like to debut in Hello! Project.
- She has a dog and would like a horse.
- On a rainy day she would watch TV, or sing "Ame no Furanai Hoshi de wa Aisenai Darou?" by Morning Musume.
- She wants to try singing "KoiING" by Morning Musume.
- Her rival in Hello Pro Kenshuusei was Tanabe Nanami, because she was good at many things and it motivated her to get to her level.
- Her favorite senior in Hello! Project is Kudo Haruka.
- Her dream was to debut, even though she knew it would be difficult and she didn't know if she'd be able to do it, she wanted to continue working hard so that one day she could get somewhere like Kouhaku.
- She joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei because she loved singing and idols, and she wants to be able to give energy to people like idols do.
- Tsunku's comments: "Your singing is unstable, I want to work on that. When you're singing a song, you need to more and more project an image of the protagonist in the lyrics, you have to sing while understanding what sort of a person that is."
- She shares the same surname as former Morning Musume member Ogawa Makoto and former S/mileage member Ogawa Saki.
- Gallery:Ogawa Rena
- List:Ogawa Rena Concert & Event Appearances
- List:Ogawa Rena Discography Featured In
Ogawa Family TreeEdit
- ↑ http://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/26182/2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 "Zero Kara Wakaru Hello Pro Kenshuusei Kouza" (ゼロからわかるハロプロ研修生講座). Gekkan Entame, 2014-03 Issue. Tokuma Shoten. Release Date: 2014-01-30.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 "Hello Pro Kenshuusei Perfect Directory" (ハロぷろ研修生パーフェクト名鑑). BOMB Magazine, 2013-12 Issue (pg 53). Gakken Marketing. Release Date: 2013-11-09.
- ↑ http://ameblo.jp/mm-12ki/entry-11964286450.html
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 "ハロプロ研修生 > プロフィール > 小川麗奈" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. (Archived: 2014-10-19).
- ↑ Gekkan Entame. March 2014 Issue. Published 2014-01-30.
- Official Profile
|Current Members||Fujii Rio (SL) | Hirose Ayaka (L) | Nomura Minami | Ogawa Rena | Hamaura Ayano | Taguchi Natsumi | Wada Sakurako | Inoue Rei|
|Singles||Indies: Nen ni wa Nen / Survivor (DVD Single)|
Major: 1. Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan / Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san no Uta / Nen ni wa Nen (Nen'iri Ver.) | 2. Sakura Night Fever / Chotto Guchoku ni! Chototsu Moushin / Osu! Kobushi Tamashii | 3. Samba! Kobushi Janeiro / Bacchikoi Seishun! / Ora wa Ninkimono
|Albums||Original: 1. Kobushi Sono Ichi|
|Concerts & Events|
|Concerts||Live Tours: 2015 | 2016 (Spring, Fall)|
|Joint Concerts||2015: New Fes! 2015 (with Country Girls and Tsubaki Factory) | New Fes! II (with Tsubaki Factory)|
|Other Concerts & Events|
|Hello! Project Concerts||Summer Tours: 2015 | 2016|
|Units & Other Acts|
|Associated Acts||Hello Pro Kenshuusei, NICE GIRL Project! Kenshuusei|