|Members (all together): 40|
|Current members: 13|
|Graduated members: 25|
|Resigned members: 2|
- Main article: Morning Musume
This page consists of all current and former members of the J-pop group Morning Musume.
The group is known for their ever-fluctuating line-up, with "graduations" and auditions held nearly every year. As of December 2016, there have been a total of 40 members altogether (1997 - present), 25 graduated members, 2 members which have resigned and 13 generations. There are currently 13 members in Morning Musume '17 which consists of the 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13th generations.
Current Members Edit
|October 30, 1996|
|Tokyo||O||January 2, 2011||9th||Deep Pink||Leader (2014-Present)|
Former sub-leader (2013-2014)
Former Hello Pro Egg (2008-2011)
Hello! Project Sub-Leader (2017-Present)
|July 7, 1997|
|November 7, 1994|
|Tokyo||O||September 29, 2011||10th||Honey||Sub-leader (2013-Present)|
|January 7, 1997|
|Miyagi||Blue||Former B♭ member|
|May 7, 1999|
|Hokkaido||A||Emerald Green||Currently on Hiatus|
|October 27, 1999|
|Saitama||Orange||Former Hello Pro Egg (2010-2011)|
|March 12, 1999|
|Kanagawa||September 14, 2012||11th||Lavender||Former Hello Pro Kenshuusei (2011-2012)|
|February 15, 1999|
|Osaka||September 30, 2014||12th||Sea Blue|
|October 7, 1999|
|February 2, 2001|
|Aichi||Light Pink||Former Hello Pro Kenshuusei (2012-2014)|
|March 7, 2002|
|Nagano||O||Light Orange||Former Hello Pro Kenshuusei (2013-2014)|
|November 30, 1999|
|Tokyo||A||December 12, 2016||13th||Italian Red||Former Hello Pro Kenshuusei (2012-2016)|
|February 22, 2001|
|Saitama||O||Golden Yellow||Former Hello Pro Kenshuusei (2016)|
|Name||Birthdate||Origin||Date Joined||Gen||Date left/|
|June 19, 1973|
|Kyoto||September 7, 1997||1st||April 15, 2001||N/A||Leader (1997–2001)|
Currently in Dream Morning Musume
|May 12, 1978|
|Hokkaido||January 7, 2000||N/A|
|August 8, 1981|
|Hokkaido||January 30, 2005||N/A||Leader (2001–2005)|
Member of: Tanpopo, Morning Musume Otome Gumi, Morning Musume Tanjou 10nen Kinentai, Dream Morning Musume
|August 10, 1981|
|Hokkaido||January 25, 2004||N/A||Member of: Morning Musume Sakura Gumi, Tanjou 10nen Kinentai, Dream Morning Musume|
|December 17, 1984|
|Tokyo||April 18, 1999||N/A||Later joined PEACE$TONE|
|December 6, 1980|
|Chiba||May 3, 1998||2nd||May 5, 2003||N/A||Sub-leader (2001–2003)|
Member of: Petitmoni, Dream Morning Musume
|January 20, 1983|
|Kanagawa||April 14, 2005||Light Purple||Leader (2005)|
Previously sub-leader (2003–2005)
No graduation ceremony
Member of: Tanpopo, Minimoni (leader),
Sakura Gumi, Dream Morning Musume
|December 31, 1983|
|Chiba||May 21, 2000||N/A||Petitmoni member|
|September 23, 1985|
|Tokyo||August 22, 1999||3rd||September 23, 2002||N/A||Member of: Petitmoni, Tanjou 10nen Kinentai|
|January 19, 1985|
|Kanagawa||April 16, 2000||4th||May 7, 2005||Hot Pink||Member of: Tanpopo, Otome Gumi,|
v-u-den, Dream Morning Musume
|April 12, 1985|
|Saitama||May 6, 2007||Purple||Leader (2005–2007)|
Previously sub-leader (2005)
Member of: Petitmoni, Sakura Gumi,
Dream Morning Musume
|June 17, 1987|
|Tokyo||August 1, 2004||N/A||Member of: Otome Gumi, Minimoni, |
Later joined W
|February 7, 1988|
|Nara||N/A||Member of: Tanpopo, |
Minimoni, Sakura Gumi
Later joined W
Later formed Girls Beat!!
|September 14, 1986|
|Fukui||August 26, 2001||5th||September 30, 2011||Yellow||Leader (2007–2011)|
Previously sub-leader (2007)
Member of: Minimoni,
|May 7, 1987|
|Hokkaido||July 23, 2006||Pink||Member of: Tanpopo, |
|October 29, 1987|
|Niigata||August 27, 2006||Blue||Member of: Petitmoni,|
Dream Morning Musume
|October 20, 1988|
|Kanagawa||May 18, 2012||Yellow-Green||Leader (2011–2012)|
Previously sub-leader (2007–2011)
Member of: Tanpopo,
Tanjou 10nen Kinentai
|February 26, 1985|
|Hokkaido||January 7, 2003||6th||June 1, 2007||Red||Leader (2007)|
Previously sub-leader (2005–2007)
No graduation ceremony
Member of: Otome Gumi,
Dream Morning Musume
|December 23, 1988|
|Tokyo||January 19, 2003||December 15, 2010||Orange||Sakura Gumi member|
|July 13, 1989|
|Yamaguchi||November 26, 2014||Pink||Leader (2012–2014)|
Otome Gumi member
|November 11, 1989|
|Fukuoka||May 21, 2013||Light Blue||Otome Gumi member|
Later joined LoVendoЯ
|July 15, 1992|
|Niigata||May 1, 2005||7th||December 6, 2009||Red||Member of: Tanjou 10nen Kinentai, Dream Morning Musume|
|January 12, 1993|
|Shiga||December 10, 2006||8th||May 18, 2012||Light Purple|
|January 11, 1988|
|Hunan, China||March 15, 2007||December 15, 2010||Blue||Foreign student|
|March 11, 1991|
|Zhejiang, China||Emerald Green||Foreign student|
Former Hello Pro Egg
|May 28, 1998|
|Hiroshima||January 2, 2011||9th Gen||December 31, 2015||Red||Member of: Peaberry|
|August 5, 1998|
|Aichi||May 31, 2016||Green|
|#||Leader||Period of time||Sub-Leader||Period of time|
|1st||Nakazawa Yuko||Formation – April 15, 2001||None|
|2nd||Iida Kaori||April 16, 2001 - January 30, 2005||Yasuda Kei||April 16, 2001 – May 5, 2003|
|Yaguchi Mari||May 5, 2003 - January 30, 2005|
|3rd||Yaguchi Mari||January 31, 2005 - April 14, 2005||Yoshizawa Hitomi||January 31, 2005 – April 14, 2005|
|4th||Yoshizawa Hitomi||April 15, 2005 – May 6, 2007||Fujimoto Miki||April 15, 2005 – May 6, 2007|
|5th||Fujimoto Miki||May 7, 2007 – June 1, 2007||Takahashi Ai||May 7, 2007 – June 1, 2007|
|6th||Takahashi Ai||June 2, 2007 – September 30, 2011||Niigaki Risa||June 2, 2007 – September 30, 2011|
|7th||Niigaki Risa||October 1, 2011 – May 18, 2012||None|
|8th||Michishige Sayumi||May 19, 2012 – November 26, 2014||None|
|May 21, 2013 – November 26, 2014|
|9th||Fukumura Mizuki||November 27, 2014 - Present||Ikuta Erina|
|November 27, 2014 - Present|
- The sub-leader position was established on April 16, 2001, when Iida Kaori became the second leader.
- The Sub-leader position was empty from October 1, 2011 to May 21, 2013, until Tanaka Reina graduated and assigned Fukumura Mizuki and Iikubo Haruna as the new Sub-Leaders.
Each Morning Musume member has her own color for outfits and merchandise to distinguish between each member. Over time as each member leaves the group, current or new members have the opportunity to change their current color to a different one which is available. No member has the exact same color, but some might have colors that look fairly similar to another member's.
Heritage Members ColorsEdit
|Red / Italian Red|| Kaga Kaede|
|Fujimoto Miki (2005-2007), Kusumi Koharu (2007-2009), Sayashi Riho (2011-2015)|
|Kamei Eri (2005-2010)|
|Light Orange||Haga Akane|
|Takahashi Ai (2005-2011)|
|Light Yellow /|
|Michishige Sayumi (2005-2006)|
|Niigaki Risa (2005-2012)|
|Emerald Green||Sato Masaki|
|Green||Not in use||Suzuki Kanon (2011-2016)|
|Ogawa Makoto (2005-2006), Junjun (2007-2010)|
|Light Blue||Not in use||Tanaka Reina (2005-2013)|
|Sea Blue||Ogata Haruna|
|Light Purple /|
|Yaguchi Mari (2005), Mitsui Aika (2006-2012)|
|Yoshizawa Hitomi (2005-2007), Ikuta Erina (2011-2012)|
|Hot Pink /|
|Ishikawa Rika (2005)|
|Pink||Not in use||Konno Asami (2005-2006), Michishige Sayumi (2006-2014)|
|Light Pink||Makino Maria|
|Grey||Not in use||Kusumi Koharu (2005-2007)|
|Chocolate||Not in use||Iikubo Haruna (2011-2012)|
Members of Morning Musume rarely stay in the group for more than six years, and to date only eleven members have done this.
|Member||Tenure||Time in group|
|Michishige Sayumi||January 19, 2003 – November 26, 2014||11 Years, 10 Months, 7 Days|
|Niigaki Risa||August 26, 2001 – May 18, 2012||10 Years, 8 Months, 23 Days|
|Tanaka Reina||January 19, 2003 – May 21, 2013||10 Years, 4 Months, 2 Days|
|Takahashi Ai||August 26, 2001 – September 30, 2011||10 Years, 1 Month, 5 Days|
|Kamei Eri||January 19, 2003 – December 15, 2010||7 Years, 11 Months, 26 Days|
|Iida Kaori||September 7, 1997 – January 30, 2005||7 Years, 4 Months, 24 Days|
|Yoshizawa Hitomi||April 16, 2000 – May 6, 2007||7 Years, 21 Days|
|Yaguchi Mari||May 3, 1998 – April 14, 2005||6 Years, 11 Months, 12 Days|
|Abe Natsumi||September 7, 1997 – January 25, 2004||6 Years, 7 Months, 19 Days|
|Fukumura Mizuki||January 2, 2011 - Present||6 Years, 2 Months, 24 Days|
Note: all names in BOLD are current members.
- Michishige Sayumi: 11 Years, 10 Months, 7 Days
- Niigaki Risa: 10 Years, 8 Months, 2 Days
- Tanaka Reina: 10 Years, 4 Months, 2 Days
- Takahashi Ai: 10 Years, 1 Month, 5 Days
- Kamei Eri: 7 Years, 11 Months, 26 Days
- Iida Kaori: 7 Years, 4 Months, 24 Days
- Yoshizawa Hitomi: 7 Years, 21 Days
- Yaguchi Mari: 6 Years, 11 Months, 12 Days
- Abe Natsumi: 6 Years, 7 Months, 19 Days
- Fukumura Mizuki and Ikuta Erina: 6 Years, 2 Months, 24 Days
- Iikubo Haruna, Ishida Ayumi, Sato Masaki and Kudo Haruka: 5 Years, 5 Months, 25 Days
- Mitsui Aika: 5 Years, 5 Months, 8 Days
- Suzuki Kanon: 5 Years, 4 Months, 29 Days
- Ishikawa Rika: 5 Years, 21 Days
- Yasuda Kei: 5 Years, 2 Days
- Ogawa Makoto: 5 Years, 1 Day
- Sayashi Riho: 4 Years, 11 Months, 29 Days
- Konno Asami: 4 Years, 10 Months, 27 Days
- Kusumi Koharu: 4 Years, 7 Months, 5 Days
- Oda Sakura: 4 Years, 6 Months, 12 Days
- Fujimoto Miki: 4 Years, 4 Months, 13 Days
- Tsuji Nozomi, Kago Ai: 4 Years, 3 Months, 16 Days
- JunJun and LinLin: 3 Years, 9 Months
- Nakazawa Yuko: 3 Years, 7 Months, 8 Days
- Goto Maki: 3 Years, 1 Month, 1 Day
- Ogata Haruna, Nonaka Miki, Makino Maria and Haga Akane: 2 Years, 5 Months, 24 Days
- Ishiguro Aya: 2 Years, 4 Months
- Ichii Sayaka: 2 Years, 18 Days
- Fukuda Asuka: 1 Year, 7 Months, 11 Days
- Kaga Kaede and Yokoyama Reina: 0 Years, 3 Months, 14 Days
Beginning with third generation, when a new member joins Morning Musume, a senior member is sometimes assigned to be their mentor. The mentor system was dropped after seventh generation, but was officially brought back for the twelfth generation.
- Third Generation
- Ichii Sayaka → Goto Maki
- Fourth Generation
- Yasuda Kei → Ishikawa Rika (Team Vocals)
- Yaguchi Mari → Yoshizawa Hitomi (Team Expressive Power)
- Iida Kaori → Tsuji Nozomi (Team Rhythm)
- Goto Maki → Kago Ai (Team Greeting and Manners)
- Seventh Generation
- Michishige Sayumi → Kusumi Koharu
- Twelfth Generation
- Iikubo Haruna → Mentor to all twelfth generation members
- Thirteenth Generation
- Kudo Haruka → Mentor to all thirteenth generation members
- Yoshizawa Hitomi → Takahashi Ai
- Abe Natsumi → Konno Asami
- Ishikawa Rika → Ogawa Makoto
- Yaguchi Mari → Niigaki Risa
- Yasuda Kei → Mentor to all sixth generation members
- Kusumi Koharu → Mitsui Aika
- Kamei Eri & Tanaka Reina → Junjun
- Mitsui Aika → Mentor to all ninth generation members
- Mitsui Aika → Mentor to all tenth generation members
Members Single CountEdit
- Sato Masaki and Kudo Haruka are the first members to join the group that were born after Hello! Project's formation.
- Sayashi Riho and Suzuki Kanon are the first members to have been born after the group's formation in 1997 (both were born in 1998).
- Kudo Haruka is the youngest person to ever join Morning Musume at the age of 11 years and 11 months, and auditioning at age 11. She beat Kago Ai's 11-year record which was set at the age of 12.
- 2008 was the only year so far in which no line-up changes occurred, and that line-up has been the longest unchanging lineup so far going over two years with no graduations or new members, until Kusumi Koharu graduated in December 2009.
- Niigaki Risa is the only leader to have once been the youngest member of Morning Musume.
- Takahashi Ai and Niigaki Risa are the longest serving leader and sub-leader (4 years).
- Morning Musume received eight new members in 2011 (the 9th generation and 10th generation with 4 members each), making it the only year when two generations were added.
- Fukumura Mizuki holds the record for being the youngest leader along with being the youngest sub-leader the group has ever had.
- Fukumura Mizuki is also the fastest member to become the groups "Leader" excluding Nakazawa Yuko
- Every generation since 8th generation have had at least one former Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
- 1st generation Fukuda Asuka is the only former member that has never participated in any type of unit or subgroup during her time in Hello! Project.
- 8th generation members Junjun and Linlin are the only members to graduate before a new generation has joined the group.
- The most common age for members to join are at 12 and 13 years of age having 9 members for each of those ages joining the group.
- The most common age for members to graduate/leave is at 22 years of age with 6 members graduating at that age.
- Nakazawa Yuko, Yoshizawa Hitomi, and Fukumura Mizuki are the only leaders to match their generation. (Nakazawa as the first leader, Yoshizawa as the fourth leader, and Fukumura as the ninth leader).
- The 3rd, 7th, and 8th generations are the only generations to have no member be a leader or sub-leader of the group.
- To date, the 6th and 8th generations are the only generations to have members to joining on two separate dates; the 6th generation with a 13 days difference and the 8th generation with a 3 months difference (from December 2006 to March 2007).
- 10th generation is the longest-lasting complete generation, as all of its members have stayed in the group for more than 5 Years, 5 Months, 25 Days. (9th generation used to be the longest-lasting complete generation at 4 years 11 months and 29 days)
- Iikubo Haruna and Ishida Ayumi were the last members to be born before the group's formation in September 1997.
- The 11th generation is the first generation to have the members in that generation to all be born after the group's formation.
- 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2013 and 2015 are the only years where no new members were added.
- Iikubo Haruna is the only current sub-leader to have gone through two different leadership reigns, with Michishige Sayumi and Fukumura Mizuki.
- Every member of Morning Musume had at least one single (when they where on the group or are currently in the group) that reached the #1 spot on the Oricon weekly charts.
- Iida Kaori, Abe Natsumi, Yasuda Kei and Yaguchi Mari are the only members to have participated in 9 singles that reached #1.
- Ishiguro Aya, Yasuda Kei, Ichii Sayaka, Tanaka Reina and Sayashi Riho are the only members to have their graduating single reach #1 on the Oricon charts.
- The 7th, 12th, and 13th generations are the only generations to hold more than one audition.
- 3rd and 4th generations are the only members to have their debut single be a graduation single as well.
- The 12th generation is currently the only generation in the group to have debuted in a triple A-side single, and also the only generation where their debut single didn't have a B-side.
- The year 1999 has the most member births out of any year with 6 members being born that year, in order it is: Ogata Haruna (February 15th), Oda Sakura (March 12th), Sato Masaki (May 7th), Nonaka Miki (October 7th), Kudo Haruka (October 27th), and Kaga Kaede (November 30th).
- Coincidently they all are blood type A.
- The 11th and 13th generations are the only generations to be entirely composed of Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
- The 3rd, 7th, and 8th generations (not counting 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th generation) are currently the only generations in which non of the members have been in the group for more then 6 years.
- ^ While 6th generation joined the group on January 19, 2003, Fujimoto Miki was officially announced as the first 6th generation member on January 7, 2003.
- ^ ^ Both singles does not include 6th generation, but they were already members at time of release.
- ^ Because of the sudden resignation, Yaguchi Mari was still featured in the single.
- ^ The single does not include Junjun and Linlin, but both were already members at the time of the release.
- ^ The single originally did not include Oda Sakura, but she was already a member during the time of the release. "Wakuteka Take a change (Oda Sakura Ver.)" was released DVD track 2 for the limited C edition for "Help me!!".
- ^ The single does not include 12th Generation, but they were already members at the time of the release.
- ^ Sato Masaki was not able to be featured in the 63rd single, "BRAND NEW MORNING / Jealousy Jealousy," due to her recovering from an injury during its production period.
- Wikipedia: English