|Mitsui Aika, December 2013|
|Also Known As||Mittsii (みっつぃー?)|
|Born||January 12, 1993|
|Occupation||Idol, Singer, Actress, Model|
|Years Active||2006–2013, 2015–2016 (on hiatus)|
|Agency||UP-FRONT AGENCY (2006-2012)|
J.P ROOM (2012-)
|Associated Acts||Morning Musume, Athena & Robikerottsu, Guardians 4, Tanpopo#, GREEN FIELDS, Hello! Project Mobekimasu|
|Morning Musume Information|
|Joined||December 10, 2006|
|Member Color||Light Purple|
|Debut Single||Egao YES Nude|
|Last Single||Ren'ai Hunter|
|Graduated||May 18, 2012|
Mitsui Aika (光井愛佳) is a Japanese pop singer. She was a member of Morning Musume, joining as a member of the eighth generation from the audition in Japan during December 2006. Mitsui's audition process was documented during the late 2006 episodes of Hello! Morning. She performed Hamasaki Ayumi's "Blue Bird" in round one of her audition and Morning Musume's "Furusato" and "Osaka Koi no Uta" in rounds two and three.
After suffering a leg fracture, she was unable to keep up with a new dance oriented Morning Musume, and graduated alongside Niigaki Risa. However, she stayed within Hello! Project, and was the first to do so since 2007. She is now considered a soloist under Hello! Project, but has been on hiatus twice since 2013 to study English in New Zealand.
Mitsui Aika was born on January 12, 1993 in Shiga, Japan. Her father is Mitsui Yasuo, a Buddhist monk.
On December 10, she alone out of five (originally six) audition finalists were chosen to join Morning Musume. An article published on December 11, revealed that Mitsui wouldn't be present in the 57th edition of Kōhaku Uta Gassen, but would instead be featured in the group's 32nd single, "Egao YES Nude," which was released on February 14, 2007.
Mitsui made her first public appearance in the last round of the 2007 Hello! Project winter concert tour, which took place between January 27 and January 28, at Yokohama Arena.
She also took part in Morning Musume Concert Tour 2007 Haru ~SEXY 8 Beat~. One week after the results of Happy 8 Ki Audition were announced, Mitsui was featured in a small segment of Hello! Morning which included footage from a press conference given on the 11th. During the conference, Mitsui revealed her goal of captivating the public by means of her cheerful personality and smile, emulating fellow member Kusumi Koharu, whom she admired and strived to equal or surpass.
Following her concert debut, Mitsui was also featured in a small segment of the Oha Suta morning program entitled "Arigatou wo Tsutaetai" (I Want to Express My Gratitude), which portrayed a fictionalized account of the events following her first concert appearances, dealing with Mitsui's sadness over the fact that she had to part with her former classmates due to her becoming an idol.
In October, Mitsui was placed in the unit Athena & Robikerottsu along with fellow Morning Musume member Niigaki Risa, as well as Nakajima Saki and Okai Chisato of ℃-ute. In the November 25 episode of Haromoni@, Mitsui received the voice role of Gurossan in the anime Kirarin☆Revolution, which starred Kusumi Koharu as the voice of the main character Kirari Tsukishima.
On April 6, Hello! Project announced that Mitsui would not be able to perform in the 2008 spring tour due to her very poor health. Later in the week, it was discovered that she had suffered from acute appendicitis, and would be out of action for two additional weeks. She recovered and continued with her scheduled activities.
On August 8th, Morning Musume collaborated with female theatre group Takarazuka to perform Cinderella the Musical by Rodgers and Hammerstein. Mitsui took on the role of a fairy, a town girl and a princess.
It was announced that Morning Musume would be attending the annual anime convention, the Anime Expo in Los Angeles, California as Guests of Honor in July. All members of the current lineup, including Mitsui Aika, attended the event. Morning Musume held autograph sessions and a concert. The number of fans that attended the concert reached over 7,000 people.
Mitsui opened a blog, only available to Official MM Fanclub members titled "Pastel Color Days."
In December, Mitsui announced that her first photobook, 'Mittsi,' would be released. She had mentioned in several interviews before that she had wanted a photobook and was very happy at the announcement.
On January 7, Mitsui played the main character in the horror movie, Real Kakurenbo (Hide and Seek). It was a direct to DVD release.
On May 9, Mitsui was diagnosed with a left ankle bone fracture. After the Morning Musume concert prior, Mitsui complained of pain in her left foot, after which she went to the hospital where she was diagnosed with the injury.
Mitsui was out of events almost the entire summer. She could not participate in the dance shots for Morning Musumes MV's "Kono Chikyuu no Heiwa wo Honki de Negatterun da yo!," "Pyocopyoco Ultra" or "Ren'ai Hunter" because of the injury.
In January, Mitsui wrote in her blog that she was supposedly cured and ready to dance and perform on stage again.
On January 12, on her birthday, Mitsui opened up an Ameblo blog. She was then the only Morning Musume member with two blogs.
On April 1, she announced that she became a regular on the radio show Young Town, along with Michishige Sayumi. Many fans believed this to be an April Fools joke.
At the end of April or the start of May, Mitsui had a doctors consultation where although her ankle had recovered from the fracture, she would not be able to continue as a member of Morning Musume due to intense movement of her ankle in dancing or concerts.
On May 4, Mitsui announced her graduation from Morning Musume, but not from Hello! Project. She graduated alongside Niigaki Risa at the end of Morning Musume's 2012 spring concert tour, Morning Musume Concert Tour 2012 Haru ~Ultra Smart~ Niigaki Risa Mitsui Aika Sotsugyou Special.
Statement from UP-FRONT AGENCY
| Morning Musume 8th generation member Mitsui Aika will be graduating from the group at their “Morning Musume Concert Tour 2012 Spring ~Ultra Smart~ Niigaki Risa Graduation Special” concert on May 18th.
After experiencing pain in her foot on May 9th of last year, she underwent a medical examination at the hospital and received a diagnosis of “a stress fracture in the left anklebone.” Due to her own strong feelings of wanting to continue as a member of Morning Musume, she concentrated on taking a rest from her activities and getting medical treatment until she was able to make a full recovery. However, after a medical examination on April 23rd of this year, the diagnosis was, “She’s reached a near complete recovery, but if she were to repeat an intense performance like she’s done in the past, there’s a likelihood of her ending up in the same condition.”
With that diagnosis, as a result of a thorough discussion between the company and Mitsui herself, she has made the difficult decision to graduate early. Mitsui stated, ”I absolutely want to continue to be a part of Morning Musume, but if there’s a possibility of my injury reoccurring, we have many intense dances that I feel would make my activity as a member of Morning Musume difficult, and if in the near future it became that my left foot couldn’t completely heal, it would cause difficulty in my daily life from here on as well.”
Having to resign in the middle of her time with Morning Musume has left Mitsui with a lack of closure, but while she is full of immensely regretful feelings, she will continue to seek medical treatment from this point forward and we are now consulting her to decide whether or not there is some work she can do within Hello! Project.
We apologize to her fans for this sudden announcement, and we truly hope for your understanding.
Statement from Tsunku
| Thank you for always showing such support. Today, we have a notice concerning Morning Musume 8th generation member Mitsui Aika.
After taking a leave from Morning Musume for several months due to her foot condition, and having recently gotten much better, Mitsui had restarted her activity on the tour and in other areas despite not being fully healed, but although it’s a hurried and very unfortunate situation, it has been decided that she will be graduating from Morning Musume as of their “Morning Musume Concert Tour 2012 Spring ~Ultra Smart~ Niigaki Risa Graduation Special” live performance to be held at Nippon Budokan on May 18th.
The reason for this is because, while she was authorized as being “recovered enough that she will have no problems at all in her everyday life” during her recent examination, it was also written that “there is undeniable concern that the injury will reoccur if she continues to move as heavily as she did in the past,” and Mitsui herself seems to have worried very much about her life beyond this point, but she requested, “Of course, to stay in the group in this incomplete way any longer would create worry and trouble for both all of our fans and the other members, so please allow me to graduate,” and deciding that the thought she’s put into her health issues and manner of living should be respected, I chose to accept her proposal.
Moreover, we considered what would be the right timing in her schedule and other plans, but thinking that, rather than a delay, a quick announcement and graduation would be less of a burden in many senses of the word as well as make for simpler departures in the future, we’ve decided the graduation will take place alongside Niigaki Risa’s. Please understand.
In addition, following her graduation, I believe we will continue to evaluate what she can do in Hello! Project with the guidance of her physician and Mitsui herself, so we ask that you please look after Mitsui Aika with an even greater degree of support.
Statement from Mitsui Aika
| Thank you for always supporting me.
But at this time I, Mitsui Aika, have decided to graduate from Morning Musume.
Last May, I felt a lot of discomfort in my foot. There have been various attempts to help me improve my problem, but I have been diagnosed with an “abnormal” bone disorder. Because of this, I’m closing full activities as a Morning Musume member so that I may rest. Recently, I’ve been feeling more grateful for being able to participate in Morning Musume and have been looking forward to participating in a range of activties. However, I went to get diagnosed on April 23rd. Although they said “Your bone doesn’t show any signs of abnormality. So it won’t be problem during everyday life activities”, they also said “However, if you continue with strenuous exercise, this could potentially happen again.”
I thought maybe I’d be at 100% one day as a Momusu member, but the diagnosis said there is a risk of recurrence. I spoke with my mother about the consultation and my future. You need to put your health first, and not worry about the members, staff or fans. So, I wish to graduate. As it’s because of my body, I should graduate soon.
Tsunku and the staff agreed that the best time to graduate would be during the spring tour since the last performance on May 18th is at Budokan. I know it is sudden. I want to apologize to the members and the fans and hope they understand.
I’m sorry to the fans who hoped that I would be able to dance in full. So until the end of the Budokan performance, I will do my best. So until the last show, thank you for your support.
After Morning Musume, I will consult with the staff and Tsunku about what kind of activities I can do within Hello! Project.
Mitsui Aika and Niigaki Risa concluded activities in Morning Musume by promoting "Ren'ai Hunter". On May 18, they both graduated from the group.
In August, Mitsui participated in the Hello! Project Tanjou 15 Shuunen Kinen Live 2012 Natsu concert tour as a MC.
On November 7, GREEN FIELDS released their first single, "Boys be ambitious!". It was the first single she had been featured in after graduating from Morning Musume.
On March 2 and 3, Mitsui participated in the Forest For Rest ~SATOYAMA e Ikou~ SATOYAMA movement in YOKOHAMA.
In March, it was announced that Mitsui would "graduate" from the radio show Young Town Doyoubi, and she was replaced by Iikubo Haruna beginning in April.
In May, Mitsui starred in the stage play Okujou Wonderland.
From October 12 to 20, Mitsui performed in a play called Nettai Danshi 2 in Zenrosai Hall / Space Zero.
On April 24, Mitsui reported on her blog that she had returned to Japan. Since her return she started writing English-language news and event reports for UP-FRONT LINK, UP-FRONT's international company news service.
In late February, Mitsui accompanied Morning Musume '16 on their trip to Houston, Texas where they were main guests at Anime Matsuri 2016 from February 26 to 28. She also appeared at their concert as a MC.
On July 5, Mitsui announced she would be returning to New Zealand to continue studying English.
On December 30, she wrote an update on her blog. Her English had greatly improved and she had discovered her "new self". In other words, she had decided to attend a vocational school in New Zealand. In November, she took an IELTS test and scored 6 points more than the school's entrance requirement, and she would therefore be starting school in 2017.
She has an older sister. Mitsui was named by her grandmother.
Mitsui also has a pet dog named LEO.
Mitsui sometimes has an inhaler with her at concerts in case her breathing gets bad.
On May 8, 2011, she fractured her left ankle and was in treatment for eight weeks. Recovery was completed after a year, but, since then, she no longer dances in concerts. Events that she missed due to her injury include:
- 5/14 & 5/15: NHK Osaka Hall
- 6/5: Kariya-shi Sougou Bunka Center
- 6/25, 6/26: Harmony Hall Zama
- 5/28-5/29: Michishige Sayumi, Tanaka Reina, Mitsui Aika Bus Tour in Toukai
- 6/6 & 6/9: Aika no ANNEX Event ~Pastel Color Days~
- 6/10: Kuusa x Morning Musume Special Kouen
- 6/20: STAR digio presents Morning Musume Hatsuka no Kaishingeki Special
When Mitsui joined Morning Musume, she was a first year middle school student.
On December 31, at the Hello! Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2013 ~GOOD BYE & HELLO!~, Mitsui announced that she will be on a hiatus starting the new year to studying English abroad starting in January. Mitsui later mentioned in the official Hello! Project website announcement that she will not leave Hello! Project during her hiatus.
Here is a list of nicknames that was used to refer to Mitsui Aika:
- Mittsii (みっつぃー): Official nickname, given her since joining Morning Musume. Used by members and fans.
- Name: Mitsui Aika (光井愛佳)
- Nicknames: Mittsii (みっつぃー),Mittens , Aika (あいか), Micchi (みっち), Charles, Wan-chan
- Birth Date: January 12, 1993
- Birthplace: Otsu, Shiga Prefecture, Japan
- Blood Type: O
- Height: 157 cm
- Hello! Project Status:
- 2006-12-10: Member
- 2006-12-10: Morning Musume Member
- 2012-05-18: Graduated Morning Musume
- UP-FRONT GROUP Status:
- Years in Morning Musume: 5 Years
- Official Kaomoji: 川=´┴｀）
- Former Morning Musume Color:
- Light Purple (2006-2012)
- Current Hello! Project Color:
- Light Purple (2012-Present) merchandise
- White (2012-Present) concert promotions
- Audition Songs: Blue Bird, Furusato, Osaka Koi no Uta
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Concert Units:
- Wonderful Hearts (2008–2010)
- Favorite food: Plums, strawberries, roast beef, kombu, cuttlefish, fried chicken, vegetables, fruits.
- Disliked food: Chocolate, sponge cake
- Favorite color: Black, gold and purple
- Favorite phrase: "The heaven and the earth, unbeaten ☆"
- Special skill: Massaging and keeping my room tidy
- See also: List:Mitsui Aika Discography Featured In
- [2011.01.26] Mittsi (Image DVD)
- [2011.07.xx] Aika no ANNEX Event~Pastel Colors Days (Fanclub DVD)
- [2012.xx.xx] Aika no ANNEX Event~Pastel Colors Days 2 (Fanclub DVD)
- [2012.06.24] Morning Musume. Mitsui Aika Sotsugyou Memorial (DVD Magazine)
- [2011.01.26] Aika (愛佳)
- [2011.12.02] Alo-Hello! Morning Musume 2011 (アロハロ！モーニング娘。2011) (Aika version)
- [2007.01] B.L.T
-  Real Kakurenbo Final (リアル隠れんぼファイナル)
-  Keitai Deka The Movie 3: Morning Musume Kyuushutsu Daisakusen! ~ Pandora no Hako no Himitsu~ (ケータイ刑事 THE MOVIE3 モーニング娘。救出大作戦！～パンドラの箱の秘密)
-  Hello! Morning (ハロー! モーニング)
- [2007–2008] Haromoni@ (ハロモニ@)
-  Berikyuu! (ベリキュー!)
- [2008–2009] Yorosen! (よろセン!)
- [2010–2011] Bijo Gaku
- [2011–2012] Hello Pro! TIME (ハロプロ！ＴＩＭＥ)
- [2012–2013] Hello! SATOYAMA Life (ハロー！ＳＡＴＯＹＡＭＡライフ)
-  Hanbun Esper (半分エスパー)
-  きらりん☆レボリューション (Kirarin☆Revolution) (guest role)
-  Cinderella the Musical (シンデレラ the ミュージカル) as fairy, etc.
-  Fashionable (ファッショナブル)
-  TOKUGAWA15
-  Okujou Wonderland (屋上ワンダーランド) (as Nakahara Yui)
-  Hito okami The live playing shiata x kyuketsuki ~Katsuai no utage~(人狼 ザ・ライブプレイングシアター Ｘ 吸血鬼 〜渇愛の宴〜)
-  Pochitto na. -Switching On Summer- (ポチッとな。-Switching On Summer-)
-  Nettai Danshi 2 (熱帯男子2)
-  Shiritsu Hasuhasu Jogakuin!! (私立ハスハス女学院!!)
-  Michishige Sayumi no "Mobekimasutte Nani??" (道重さゆみの『モベキマスってなに？？』)
- [2007–2008] Morning Musume Mitsui Aika no, Ai say hello (モーニング娘。光井愛佳の、愛 say hello) (e-radio)
- [2012–2013] Young Town (ヤングタウン)
- [2012-] SATOYAMA in KANAGAWA
- [2013-] ALMA KAMINIITO Sound Map
- She became good friends with Yoshizawa Hitomi, who adopted an "older sister" figure.
- Her closest friends in Morning Musume were Michishige Sayumi and Tanaka Reina.
- Niigaki Risa has an older sister relationship to Mitsui, partly because Niigaki's younger sister is much like Mitsui.
- Her favorite number is 397 because it was her entry number in the audition. Her mother stated she won because it means bloom like a flower (sa ku na = 397).
- She is the first member to have joined the group with braces. Shortly after joining, she had them removed.
- Her family calls her "Aika-don" and "Aika-san."
- Would like to teach Japanese because she said it's fun.
- The nickname "Wan-chan" (meaning dog in Japanese) was given to her by Takahashi Ai and Kamei Eri when they were describing Mitsui in the Morning Musume DVD Vol. 23.
- She is a big animal lover.
- After the graduation of Mano Erina in February 2013, she was the only official Soloist in the Hello! Project.
- She has a toy poodle named Leo. She also has a Siberian Husky, which she has proclaimed to be one of her dream pets.
- She lives with her older sister and her older sister's boyfriend in Tokyo.
- She has said that she would love to work with Arihara Kanna, former member of ℃-ute because many said they look alike and they get along well.
- She is noted for wearing flat shoes for single costumes. One cause of not wearing high heels is rumored to be the operation she had earlier, possibly affecting her ability to dance with high-heeled shoes.
- She proclaimed herself to be Kusumi Koharu's rival, the two were incredibly close.
- Admitted that she was jealous of Junjun and Linlin when they first joined because no one talked to her when she joined and she felt lonely.
- She is the first Morning Musume member to be the youngest in the group for 4 years, with no new members joining.
- During Niigaki Risa's Yorosen!, the girls wrote letters to themselves ten years in the future. When Mitsui's letter was read aloud, the other members were impressed with how mature it sounded.
- In Yorosen!, she taught Morning Musume about pets.
- Has a scar on her stomach from when she had her appendix removed.
- She and Hagiwara Mai are very good friends.
- She was the only Morning Musume member not to appear in Suugaku♥Joshi Gakuen.
- It was said that she missed Morning Musume Concert Tour 2011 Aki Ai Believe ~Takahashi Ai Graduation Memory Special~, but she came on the last day for Takahashi Ai's graduation ceremony in a wheelchair.
- She said that if a thief came at her, Okai Chisato would protect her.
- She is noted to get hurt the most out of members in Morning Musume.
- She is the first Morning Musume member to have two blogs.
- She mentored all of 9th Generation alone.
- She is said to be strict towards 9th and 10th Generation members, but they kept a friendly relationship.
- As of April 2011, she was still under treatment for her ankle, because of this she didn't participate in the Dance Shot of Kono Chikyuu no Heiwa wo Honki de Negatterun da yo!/Kare to Issho ni Omise ga Shitai!, Pyocopyoco Ultra, and Ren'ai Hunter. She also didn't participate in Tanaka Reina's, the 9th Generation's, and the 10th Generations' stage play for the same reason.
- She is the last member of her generation to graduate.
- She is the eleventh former Morning Musume member to only graduate from Morning Musume and not Hello! Project. The others being Nakazawa Yuko, Goto Maki, Yasuda Kei, Abe Natsumi, Tsuji Nozomi and Kago Ai, Iida Kaori, Ishikawa Rika, Konno Asami, Ogawa Makoto, Yoshizawa Hitomi and after Mistui, Sayashi Riho in that order.
- She has expressed her desired to go scuba diving for the SATOUMI movement one day. Both Yoshizawa Hitomi and Ishikawa Rika have already tried it.
- She said that if she could be another Hello! Project member, she would be Hello Pro Egg's Kudo Haruka because she is cute.  Kudo later thanked her for this at Mitsui's graduation ceremony.
- In Hello! Project DVD Magazine Vol. 28 she was asked which Hello! Project member she would pick to be with in a sub-unit. She answered that she would choose Kudo Haruka because she always liked her, even when she was still an Egg, and because both of them have lower voices.
- Gallery:Mitsui Aika
- List:Mitsui Aika Discography Featured In
- List:Mitsui Aika Concert & Event Appearances
Youngest member of Morning Musume
Mitsui Family TreeEdit
- ↑ Tsunku. "モーニング娘。第８期メンバー加入のお知らせ" (in Japanese). Hello! Project Official Website. 2006-12-11.
- ↑ "Mitsui Aika to graduate from Morning Musume". tokyohive. 2012-05-04.
- ↑ "Morning Musume's Mitsui Aika reports her graduation to fans at a concert". tokyohive. 2012-05-06.
- ↑ Official Gekijyo Page
- ↑ "元モー娘。光井愛佳活動休止" (in Japanese). Daily Sports online. 2013-12-31.
- ↑ "ご報告。" (in Japanese). Mitsui Aika Official Blog. 2013-12-31.
- ↑ "ただいまー^^" (in Japanese). Mitsui Aika Official Blog. 2014-04-24.
- ↑ Suzuki Kanon. "光井さん♡ 鈴木香音" (in Japanese). Morning Musume Qki Official Blog. 2016-02-25.
- ↑ "I'm in." (in Japanese and English). Mitsui Aika Official Blog. 2016-02-29.
- ↑ "みなさんへ" (in Japanese). Mitsui Aika Official Blog. 2016-07-05.
- ↑ "良いお年をー！" (in Japanese). Mitsui Aika Official Blog. 2016-12-30.
- ↑ Mitsui Aika. "光井愛佳からの大事なお知らせ" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2013-12-31.
- ↑ ポケモーQ&A 2011.06.21
|Filmography||DVD: Mittsi,Aika no ANNEX Event~Pastel Colors Days(Fanclub DVD),Aika no ANNEX Event~Pastel Colors Days 2(Fanclub DVD),Morning Musume. Mitsui Aika Sotsugyou Memorial(DVD Magazine)|
|Digital Photobooks||Digital Photobook: Mitsui Aika in "Alo-Hello! Morning Musume 2011|
|Side Pages||Galleries: Mitsui Aika | Morning Musume | Morning Musume 8th Generation|