|Maeda Yuuka, December 31, 2011|
during her graduation event.
|Also Known As||Yuukarin (ゆうかりん?)|
|Born||December 28, 1994|
|Occupation||Idol, Singer, Actress, Model|
|Associated Acts||S/mileage, Hello Pro Kenshuusei, Tomoiki Ki wo Uetai, High-King, Shugo Chara Egg!, Lilpri, Mobekimasu|
|Member Color||Light Pink|
|Graduated||December 31, 2011|
|Hello Pro Egg Information|
|Graduated||March 27, 2010|
Maeda Yuuka (前田憂佳) was a Japanese pop singer signed to Hello! Project. She joined the project in 2004 as a member of Hello Pro Egg, and is also a former member of S/mileage, High-King and Shugo Chara Egg!. She graduated from Hello Pro Egg with the original S/mileage in 2009. On December 31, 2011, Maeda graduated from S/mileage, Hello! Project, and Up-Front Agency.
Maeda Yuuka was born on December 28, 1994 in Chiba, Japan to a couple whose names are undisclosed.
Maeda Yuuka joined Hello! Project as a member of Hello Pro Egg in June 2004 when she passed the auditions alongside 29 other girls. The aim of the group was to prepare the young girls for their debut into the world of entertainment, as such Maeda received free dance and vocal training alongside the other Eggs.
In 2006, Maeda Yuuka continued her training and appeared at numerous Hello! Project concerts as a backing dancer, including the Country Musume concert "Country Musume LIVE 2006 ~Shibuya des Date~".
In March Tomoiki Ki wo Uetai's blog opened and in July their first song was announced, "Minna no Ki". On August 22, Tomoiki went to do tree-planting activities at PLANT A TREE farm and herb garden in Yamanashiken.
In September, Maeda performed "Minna no ki" with Tomoiki at Morning Musume’s environmental Culture Festival 2006 and were backing dancers to Morning Musume’s Kusumi Koharu.
Also she released a single in a mini-unit known as Paretto.
From April 12-22, Maeda appeared in the stage play "Soto wa Shiroi Haru no Kumo".
Maeda also took part in a television show, "Chao.TV" (started 2007/09/02). Maeda appeared as a part of Tomoiki at Morning Musume’s environmental Culture Festival 2007.
In 2008, Maeda received her first proper Hello! Project role when she was selected to become part of the new unit, High-King, alongside important Hello! Project singers such as Morning Musume's Takahashi Ai and Tanaka Reina. The group was created to promote Morning Musume's upcoming rendition of Rodgers and Hammerstein's "Cinderella", titled Cinderella the Musical. The group's debut single, "C\C (Cinderella\Complex)", was released on June 11, 2008 and attained a peak rank of #6.
Maeda was selected to be one of the four members for a new Hello Pro Egg unit alongside Wada Ayaka, Fukuda Kanon and Saho Akari. The group was called Shugo Chara Egg! and was formed to record the opening songs for the anime that Buono! sings for, Shugo Chara!. She released two singles with the group until she graduated from the group along with Wada and Fukuda.
On April 4, Tsunku announced on his blog that a new group, later named "S/mileage," was in the works. The members listed were Wada Ayaka, Maeda Yuuka, Fukuda Kanon and Ogawa Saki. He stated the lineup was subject to change, and that it would be their "major debut".
In May, Meada and the rest of the S/mileage members graduated from Hello Pro Egg in the Hello! Project spring concert.
On October 24, it was announced that Maeda would be retiring from the entertainment industry in order to concentrate, study, and prepare for an entrance exam for college.
Maeda, who had been a member of S/mileage ever since its formation in April 2009, commented: “I noticed that my feeling of wanting to go to college has been getting bigger and bigger”. Producer Tsunku♂ also commented: “Though she could have worn two hats (juggling career & school), she is the type of a girl who wants to put all of her full effort into one thing”.
Message from Maeda Yuuka
| Thank you for always supporting me.
I, Maeda Yuuka, as of 2011/12/31, will be graduating from S/mileage and Hello! Project.
Just the other day at our event, the 4 sub members became official members which made me really happy, but at the same time made me realize that it was this timing that I had to use to tell you all something very important.
Since becoming a high school student, I have been unable to keep up with my S/mileage work and school at the same time and it has bothered me a great deal. I started to think about my future and realized that my desire to attend a university had grown a lot over time. I was wondering if, at this rate, if I would be able to handle both school work and S/mileage, I was really only able to give a half-hearted effort on both things… and was always getting help from other people, and I really disliked that part about me. I thought to myself, “Things aren’t going to work out if it keeps going like this”.
I need to work a lot harder if I want to attend a university. But that had always been just talk, up until now nothing had really changed…
If I let these feelings continue, it would not be fair to the other members, nor to all the fans that support me.
I thought a lot about it. I may not be very bright but I put all my energy into thinking about this… and came up with this as the only possible option.
As of now with the four new members joining, it has been a joy to spend every day with the members. To the original members, to the new members, and to all of you who have always supported me, I am very very grateful.
Although it may be sad, we have a new single featuring the 7 of us coming out on 12/28, and I will be working my hardest ever to make this the best one yet!
I am very grateful to so many people, and hope to really enjoy these remaining 2 months, and finish with a smile in the S/mileage way!
Please continue to support S/mileage from here on after.
2011-10-25 S/mileage Maeda Yuuka
Maeda concluded with the promotional activities for her last single “Please Mini Skirt Post Woman!” which was released on December 28th, her birthday.
On December 31, 2011, she graduated from S/mileage and Hello! Project, and retired from Up-Front Agency.
She has an older sister.
Maeda graduated from high school in March 2013. As of April 2014, she is currently in her second year of university.
The following list are notable friendships Maeda Yuuka has acquired:
- Ogawa Saki: Maeda is good friend with former S/mileage member Ogawa Saki.
- Wada Ayaka: She is good friend with S/mileage member Wada Ayaka.
- Fukuda Kanon: She also is good friend with S/mileage member Fukuda Kanon.
- Saho Akari: She is close friend with Up Up Girls member Saho Akari.
- Noto Arisa: She is close friend with StylipS member Noto Arisa.
- Yutoku Ayumi: She is close friend with former Hello Pro Egg member Yutoku Ayumi.
Here is a list of nicknames that was used to refer to Maeda Yuuka:
- Yuukarin (ゆうかりん): Official nickname, given her since joining Hello Pro Egg. Used by members and fans.
- Yuuka (ゆうか): Second official nickname, given her since joining S/mileage. Used by members and fans.
- Name: Maeda Yuuka (前田憂佳)
- Nicknames: Yuukarin (ゆうかりん), Yuuka (ゆうか)
- Birthday: December 28, 1994
- Height: 160cm (5'3")
- Birthplace: Chiba prefecture, Japan
- Blood type: B
- Western Zodiac: Capricorn
- Eastern Zodiac: Dog
- Hello! Project Status:
- 2004-06-??: Egg
- 2009-04-04: S/mileage Member
- 2010-03-27: Member
- 2011-12-31: Graduated
- Up-Front Agency Status:
- 2004-06-??: Member
- 2011-12-31: Retired
- Years in S/mileage: 2 Years
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Close friends: Saho Akari, Noto Arisa, Yutoku Ayumi
- Hobbies: Looking at the sky and listening to music
- Pets: Haru (dog), Aochan (hamster), three turtles, goldfish, carp.
- Special skills: Piano, penmanship.
- Favorite H!P song: "Happiness ~Koufuku Kangei!~"
- Favorite character: Stitch
- Favorite tree: Cherry tree
- Favorite sport: Basketball
- Favorite thing: Dogs, hamsters, cheese omelette, salmon
- Favorite color: Red, black, white, pink
- Disliked food: Durian, spicy food
- Dislikes: Ghosts
Discography Featured InEdit
- aMa no Jaku (First Debut Indies Single)
- Asu wa Date na no ni, Imasugu Koe ga Kikitai (Indies)
- Suki-chan (Indies)
- Otona ni Narutte Muzukashii (Indies)
- Yumemiru Fifteen
- ○○ Ganbaranakutemo Eenende!!
- Onaji Jikyuu de Hataraku Tomodachi no Bijin Mama
- Short Cut
- Koi ni Booing Buu!
- Uchouten LOVE
- Please Miniskirt Postwoman! (Last Single)
- Shugo Chara Egg!
- Tomoiki Ki wo Uetai
- Ganbarou Nippon Ai wa Katsu Singers
- Oha Girl Maple
- Hello! Project Mobekimasu
- Sekai wa Bokura wo Matteiru (世界は僕らを待っている)
- Hello! Project
- S/mileage 1st Live Fall Concert Tour 2010 ~Devil Smile Angel Smile~
- S/mileage 2011 Limited Live "S/mile Factory"
- S/mileage 2011 Fall Tour ~Gyakushuu no MINI SKIRT~
- Hello! Project
- [2009.11.04] Hello! Project 2009 Summer Kakumei Gannen ~Hello! Champloo~
- [2010.03.31] Hello! Project 2010 WINTER Kachou Fuugetsu ~Shuffle Date~
- [2010.04.14] Hello! Project 2010 Winter Kachou Fuugetsu ~Mobekimasu!~
- [2010.07.18 - 2010.08.08] Hello! Project 2010 Summer ~Fankora~
- [2011.02.23] Hello! Project 2011 Winter ~Kangei Shinsen Matsuri~ A gana Live
- [2011.02.23] Hello! Project 2011 Winter ~Kangei Shinsen Matsuri~ B kkuri Live
- [2011.07.16~17] Hello! Project 2011 SUMMER ~Nippon no mirai wa WOW WOW Live~
- [2011.07.16~17] Hello! Project 2011 SUMMER ~Nippon no mirai wa YEAH YEAH Live~
- Hello Pro Egg
- [2009.06.07] 2009 Hello! Project Shinjin Kouen 6gatsu ~Nakano Step!~
- [2009.09.23] 2009 Hello! Project Shinjin Kouen 9gatsu ~Yokohama Jump!~
- [2009.11.23] 2009 Hello! Project Shinjin Kouen 11gatsu ~Yokohama Fire!~
- [2010.02.28] 2010nen Hello Pro Egg Norimen Live 2gatsu
- [2010.03.27] 2010 Hello! Project Shinjin Kouen 3gatsu ~Yokohama Gold!~
- [2010.04.27] Radio Bangumi (with Fukuda Kanon)
- [2011.09.22] UTB+ Vol.4 (with Suzuki Airi & Sayashi Riho)
-  Hoshisuna no Shima no Chiisana Tenshi ~Mermaid Smile~ (星砂の島のちいさな天使 〜マーメイドスマイル〜) (as Shimabukuro Yuka)
- [2007.09.02] Chao.TV (ちゃお.TV)
-  Hello Pro! TIME (ハロプロ！ＴＩＭＥ)
- [2006.07.31] がきんちょ～リターン・キッズ～ (Gakincho ~Return Kids~)
-  Hanbun Esper (半分エスパー)
-  5nengo no Love Letter (5年後のラブレター) (as young Shimura Nao)
- [2010–2011] Hime-chen! Otogichikku Idol Lilpri (ひめチェン!おとぎちっくアイドル リルぷりっ) (as Takeshiro Layla)
-  Soto wa Shiroi Haru no Kumo (外は白い春の雲)
-  Ekubo ~people song~ (えくぼ～people song～)
-  Biyoji Junction (美女木ジャンクション)
-  Obaachanchi no Curry Rice ~Smile Recipe~
-  Shugo Chara! (as Hinamori Amu)
-  Koisuru Hello Kitty
- [2010–2011] FIVE STARS
-  Zombie Daisuki (ぞんびだいすき) (Nintendo DS)
-  McDonald's
-  Mano Erina - Hajimete no Keiken (はじめての経験) (as back dancer)
-  Mano Erina - Sekai wa Summer Party (世界は サマー・パーティ) (as back dancer)
-  Mano Erina - Kono Mune no Tokimeki wo (この胸のときめきを) (as back dancer)
-  Mano Erina - Love&Peace=Paradise (Love&Peace＝パラダイス) (as back dancer)
- She was voted 5th favorite member in the 2011 "Hello! Project Music Awards" event. 
- Eats rice for breakfast.
- Has a habit of touching her hair.
- Her favorite spot is the balcony at school.
- She was Amulet Heart while in Shugo Chara Egg!.
- She was featured in the MBS Drama "Gakincho ~Return Kids~".
- In 2007, Maeda was featured in Standardsong Entertainment’s "Ekubo ~people song~".
- She has the same surname as current Hello Pro Kenshuusei member Maeda Kokoro, former Hello Pro Egg member Maeda Irori, and former Hello! Project soloist Maeda Yuki.
- She is the second S/mileage member to retire, in order to focus on their education, after Ogawa Saki.
- Please Miniskirt Postwoman!, her graduation single, was released on her birthday.
- Shares the same birthday with former V-u-den member Okada Yui
Maeda Family TreeEdit
- ↑ Official Gekijyo Page
- ↑ Official Gekijyo Page
- ↑ "エッグ新ユニット グループ名決定！！". Hello Project Official Fanclub Web Site. 2009-05-11.
- ↑ Tsunku. "Ｓ/ｍｉｌｅａｇｅ ユニット名 由来・意味について". Tsunku Official Blog. 2009-05-08
- ↑ Tsunku. “新ユニット” (in Japanese). Tsunku Official Blog. 2009-04-04.
- ↑ http://www.esrp2.jp/hpma/2011/result/member.html
|Hello Pro Kenshuusei|