Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kanazawa Tomoko promoting "KEEP ON Joshou Shikou!!"
|Also Known As||Kanatomo (かなとも?)|
|Born||July 2, 1995|
|Occupation||Idol, Singer, Actress, Model|
|Associated Acts||Juice=Juice, Hello Pro Kenshuusei, ODATOMO|
|Joined||February 3, 2013|
|Time in Group||3 Years, 9 Months, 24 Days|
|Hello Pro Kenshuusei Information|
|Joined||November 1, 2012|
|Graduated||November 18, 2013|
|“||I want to do my best to make everyone going to love Juice-Juice.||”|
–Kanazawa Tomoko, February 2014
Kanazawa Tomoko (金澤朋子) is a Japanese pop singer signed to Hello! Project as a member and sub-leader of Juice=Juice. She is also a former member of the SATOYAMA Movement unit ODATOMO. She was first introduced at Hello Pro Kenshuusei's December 2012 concert as a member of Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
Kanazawa Tomoko was born on July 2, 1995 in Saitama, Japan.
In the summer, Kanazawa entered a DAM★Tomo contest for Chou HAPPY SONG (Single ver.) and won. She, along with her sister Fumiko and another girl, performed "Chou HAPPY SONG" with BeriKyuu at the Hello! Project Tanjou 15 Shuunen Kinen Live 2012 Natsu ~Wkwk Natsu no FAN Matsuri!~ show on August 18 at Nakano Sunplaza as the opening act. Afterwards, Kanazawa auditioned for Ocean Music Award Shinjin Hakkutsu Audition 2012. She sang ℃-ute's "Kimi wa Jitensha Watashi wa Densha de Kitaku." She made it to the final round, but eventually lost. Following this audition, she was asked if she'd like to join Hello Pro Kenshuusei.
On November 20, it was announced that six new girls would be added to Hello Pro Kenshuusei. Kanazawa was officially introduced at the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2012 ~12gatsu no Nama Tamago Show!~ alongside Kaga Kaede, Wada Sakurako, Kishimoto Yumeno, Ichioka Reina, and Makino Maria on December 9.
On February 3, during the Bravo! concert in Fukuoka, it was announced that Kanazawa would debut in a new unit, Juice=Juice, alongside Miyamoto Karin, Miyazaki Yuka, Takagi Sayuki, Otsuka Aina, and Uemura Akari. Tsunku's comments regarding Kanazawa:
- "One of the members of a group that took part in Berryz Kobo×℃-ute "Chou HAPPY SONG (Single ver.)" karaoke contest with DAM★Tomo. She stood out there with her smiles and singing and then she joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei. She has just joined so she's the designated star rookie."
On March 5th, there was a fanclub event held for Kanazawa and Kishimoto Yumeno.
On June 13, Kanazawa appeared on Bayfm's ON8 radio show with Uemura Akari. This appearance was their first time appearing on the radio. The same day, it was announced that Kanazawa would be Juice=Juice's subleader.
In November, Kanazawa and the other Juice=Juice members profiles were removed from the Hello Pro Kenshuusei website. In late November, Kanazawa blogged saying that she sprained her ankle.
On March 13, it was announced that Kanazawa would be a member of a newly formed SATOYAMA movement unit called ODATOMO.
On May 2, her first e-Hello! DVD, Greeting ~Kanazawa Tomoko~ was announced, it is set to be released in late June.
On July 2, Kanazawa celebrated her 19th birthday. The special event was called Juice=Juice Kanazawa Tomoko Birthday Event 2014, the event featured two performances in Tokyo at Tokyo FM Hall.
On July 2, Kanazawa celebrated her 20th birthday. The special event was called Juice=Juice Kanazawa Tomoko Birthday Event 2015, the event featured two performances in Tokyo at Tokyo FM Hall.
On January 25, Kanazawa announced that she was diagnosed with endometriosis. Her medication had been giving her sudden headaches, dizziness, and nausea, making her unable to participate in recent concerts and events. However, Kanazawa will continue activities while ongoing consultation with her doctor.
| Thanks for cheering for Juice=Juice as always.
We have an announcement about Kanazwa Tomoko.
She went to a doctor a few times and has consulted doctors since last year. Her condition was diagnosed as Endometriosis. Now she has started taking the medicines under the guidance of a doctor. The reason of the disease is still medically unknown. It has increased in young women these days. 10 percent of 10-40 age women is suffering from the disease.
Staff and Juice=Juice members will unite into one and support Kanazawa from now. However, there are individual differences in the symptoms and pains. Now, owing to the medicine, she is suffering from sudden headache, vertigo, nausea. Her activities will depend on her body condition. We are worried that her symptoms may change suddenly. We ask for your kind understanding and cooperation.
We are sorry to have caused you anxiety. We'll work hard. Please cheer for Juice=Juice and Kanazawa Tomoko from now on too.
Statement from Kanazawa Tomoko
| Thank you very much for always supporting Juice=Juice and Kanazawa Tomoko.
I, Kanazawa Tomoko, have been going to the hospital since the end of last year to be checked-up by the doctors, but the result of the latest medical examination was that I have been diagnosed with "endometriosis".
I apologise for causing you concern with this sudden announcement.
When I first found out about this illness, I felt extremely uneasy. But currently, I strongly feel that I don’t want to give up halfway on our dreams, with the group in the midst of our nationwide 220 performance tour which will lead up to our group’s goal of having our own performance at the Nippon Budokan, so as I go face-to-face with my illness from now on、 I intend to be positive and continue on with activities.
To the members and the staff, as well as everyone from the supportive Juice=Juice Family, I am truly sorry for causing considerable worry and concern.
In the future, I will be having activities while having consultations about my physical condition、 but just like so far, no, even beyond that! I’ll pour in all my efforts, so I humbly beg for your kindness.
On July 4, Kanazawa celebrated her 21st birthday at a special event titled Juice=Juice Kanazawa Tomoko Birthday Event 2016. The event featured two performances in Kanagawa at CLUB CITTA.
- Main Page: Family of Kanazawa Tomoko
Kanazawa's father, Shuhei, is a 48 years old (as of April 2016) who works as a taxi driver. She has 4 siblings: her brother older by 3 years, Kazuyuki, who works in a paint shop; her sister younger by 2 years, Fumiko, who also entered a DAM★Tomo contest for "Chou HAPPY SONG (Single ver.)" and won; and twin sisters younger by 4 years. She also has a pet cat named Nekotaro.
During her junior high school years, she took archery. When Kanazawa debuted as a member of Juice=Juice in February 2013, she was a second year high school student. As of April 2014, she had graduated from high school.
Kanazawa's given name, "Tomoko", means friend (朋; tomo) combined with child (子; ko). It's a feminine Japanese given name and surname.
Here is a list of nicknames that was used to refer to Kanazawa Tomoko:
- KanaTomo (かなとも): Official nickname, given her since joining Hello Pro Kenshuusei. Used by members and fans.
- Rose Quartz (ローズクォーツ): Kanazawa has a line in "Iijiwaru Shinai de Dakishimete yo" where she sings “Watashi wa Rose Quartz”, which literally means “I’m a rose quartz.” Rose quartz is a type of pink gem stone that symbolizes beauty, love, etc., so fans started associating her with that name.
- kntm: An acronym for Kanatomo, an abbreviation for Kanazawa Tomoko.
- Name: Kanazawa Tomoko (金澤朋子)
- Nicknames: Kanatomo (かなとも), Tomo-chan (ともちゃん) , Tomo (とも/朋) , kntm, Rose Quartz (ローズクォーツ), Kanazawa Rose Quartz Tomoko (金澤ローズクォーツ朋子)
- Birthdate: July 2, 1995
- Birthplace: Saitama, Japan
- Blood Type: B
- Height: 161cm
- Hello! Project Status:
- 2012-11-20: Hello Pro Kenshuusei Member
- 2013-02-03: Juice=Juice Member
- Official Kaomoji: ∬ б」б)
- Juice=Juice Fruit (Member Color):
- Apple (2013-Present)
- ODATOMO color:
- Light Blue (2014-Present)
- Hello! Project groups:
- Hobbies: Appreciating movies, Singing
- Specialty: Rotating shoulders, PC typing
- Strong Point: Good at taking care of people
- Weak Point: When she goes beyond good at taking care of people, she becomes meddling.
- Scared of: Ghosts
- Miscellaneous Likes: action films, Glee
- Favorite Food: Umeboshi, Cheesecake, Karikari Ume
- Favorite Colors: White, black, pink, red
- Favorite Animal: Sloth
- Favorite Subject: Science (physics)
- Favorite Hairstyle: Straight
- Favorite Hello! Project songs: "Over the Rainbow", "Heroine ni Narou ka!", "Yumemiru Fifteen", "VERY BEAUTY"
- Looks Up To: Suzuki Airi, Tanaka Reina
- Itsumo no Asa (from Koisuru Hello Kitty)
- [2014.06.27] Greeting ~Kanazawa Tomoko~ (“e-Hello!” DVD)
- [2015.xx.xx] Juice=Juice Kanazawa Tomoko Birthday Event 2015
- [2016.11.26] Juice=Juice Kanazawa Tomoko Birthday Event 2016
- [2014-] The Girls Live
TV Dramas Edit
-  Budokan (武道館)
-  Koisuru Hello Kitty (恋するハローキティ)
- [2013.10.03-] We are Juice=Juice
- [2015.04.03-] BAKUNAI
- [2013-] Hello! Project Station (ハロ！ステ)
- She was in Hello Pro Kenshuusei a little less than three months before being placed in a group.
- If she could join another group for a day, she'd join Country Girls.
- She's the only Juice=Juice member that didn't audition for Morning Musume or S/mileage.
- She was the only member in her Kenshuusei generation who didn't audition for Morning Musume.
- She is a fan of the idol group Fairies and attended their Sukkiri event in 2011. She is also close friends with Fairies member Hayashida Mahiro.
- She says the source of her energy is from eating her beloved karikari ume (crunchy plum).
- According to Tsunku: "She has an interesting voice. It's by no means a voice that goes well into the microphone, but it's noticeable. She also has a good vibrato. It really catches your ear. Everyone else thought so too, right? She has a round, friendly face. It's the sort of face that makes you think of sitting out on the porch in summer and eating cold noodles."
- She can rotate her shoulders around.
- She'd like to cover Memory Seishun no Hikari.
- She considers herself a "my pace" kind of person.
- She says that she is an indoors type of person, she likes when things are calm and laid back.
- Every month she has an objective, and every month she reflects on the previous month.
- She has bad eyesight and wears contact lenses.
- Her favorite characters are Maimero, and Kikilala.
- She uses Asience shampoo, and prefers to part her bangs precisely rather than loosely.
- In her blog, she said "Getting used to new environments can be tough but if you deal with the hard times surely fun times will come along, And if you can put aside a little time each day for a little happiness, your eyes will focus on that time".
- She considers the internet a wonderful miracle, because it ties the whole world together.
- In YanYan magazine, the Juice=Juice members were asked what animal is like Kanazawa, Uemura compared her to a white tiger, Takagi compared her to a rhinoceros, Miyazaki compared her to a bear, Otsuka compared her to a deer and Miyamoto compared her to a 'cute frog'.
- In a magazine, when the Juice=Juice members were asked "What member is scary when they're angry?" both Miyazaki Yuka and Uemura Akari said Kanazawa.
- The Juice=Juice members say that Kanazawa's middle name is "Rose Quartz".
- Miyazaki Yuka says that Juice=Juice's selling point is Kanazawa.
- She says that she isn't good at public talking.
- When watching Western movies, she prefers subtitles rather than Japanese dub.
- She has said that if she were a guy, she'd be into feminine girls like Miyazaki Yuka and Miyamoto Karin.
- Fukumura Mizuki and Suzuki Kanon think Tomoko is the coolest member of Hello! Project.
- She thinks she can't beat Tsugunaga Momoko's character nature.
- She and Okai Chisato are the two current Hello! Project members with the most siblings (with 4 each).
- She is the only Juice=Juice not to be born in April or December.
- Gallery:Kanazawa Tomoko
- List:Kanazawa Tomoko Discography Featured In
- List:Kanazawa Tomoko Publications Featured in
- List:Kanazawa Tomoko Concert & Event Appearances
Sub-leader of Juice=Juice
Leader of NEXT YOU
Kanazawa Family TreeEdit
- ↑ "Berryz新曲MV、スマイレージ/℃-ute/モー娘。'14発売記念イベント、中西/宮崎ヘアアレンジ、J=J1周年コメント MC：田村芽実【ハロ！ステ#53】" (in Japanese). Hello! Project Station Channel via YouTube. 2014-02-06.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Juice=Juiceメジャーデビュー決定のお知らせ！" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2013.06.13.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "新メンバー6人もお披露目。ハロプロ研修生、フレッシュなステージを披露" (in Japanese). DeView by Oricon. 2010.12.10.
- ↑ "ハロプロ夏公演、開演前には3人の女の子がBerryz工房×℃-uteと一緒に「超HAPPY SONG」" (in Japanese). BARKS. 2012.08.21.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "「ハロプロ研修生 発表会2012〜12月の生タマゴShow!〜」のお知らせ" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2012-11-20 (Archived: 2012-11-22).
- ↑ "アップフロントワークス主催『OCEAN MUSIC AWARD 新人発掘オーディション2012』入賞者発表！" (in Japanese). Rooftop. 2012.09.27.
- ↑ "ハロプロ研修生内、新ユニット結成のお知らせ。" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2013.02.03.
- ↑ "ハロプロ研修生新ユニットに関して" (in Japanese). Tsunku Official Blog. 2013.02.25.
- ↑ Juice=Juice on Twitter (in Japanese). 2015-03-26.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Kanazawa Tomoko. "金澤朋子" (in Japanese). Juice=Juice Official Blog. 2016-01-25. (English Translation. blog!project.)
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 "Juice=Juice 金澤朋子に関してのお知らせ" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2016-01-25. (English Translation. 910 percent.)
- ↑ "♪.三芳町 金澤朋子" (in Japanese). Juice=Juice Official Blog. 2016-08-05.
- ↑ "Pocket Morning Juice=Juice Weekly Q&A (11/4/2013)". Hello!Online. 2013.11.04.
|Hello Pro Kenshuusei|