Juice=Juice promoting "Black Butterfly"
Otsuka Aina (2013)
- Main article: Juice=Juice Members
- Miyazaki Yuka (宮崎由加; Peach) Leader
- Kanazawa Tomoko (金澤朋子; Apple) Sub-Leader
- Takagi Sayuki (高木紗友希; Lemon)
- Miyamoto Karin (宮本佳林; Grape)
- Uemura Akari (植村あかり; Melon)
- Otsuka Aina (大塚愛菜; Orange) (Left; July 5, 2013)
On February 3, during the Hello! Project Tanjou 15 Shuunen Kinen Live 2013 Fuyu ~Bravo!~ show in Fukuoka, Juice=Juice was announced as a new unit, consisting of Miyazaki Yuka, Kanazawa Tomoko, Takagi Sayuki, Otsuka Aina, Miyamoto Karin and Uemura Akari, with each member representing a fruit. The unit was unnamed until February 25, when the name and member colors were revealed.
On March 2, Juice=Juice made their debut as a group at the Hinamatsuri festival, where they also announced and performed their first indies single titled "Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne". Their debut indies single was pre-released on March 31 in respect to Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2013 ~3gatsu no Nama Tamago Show!~. The single had a general release on April 3, 2014 and reached #25 in the weekly Oricon charts, selling 2,275 in its debut week.
From March 16 to May 21, Juice=Juice was the opening act for some of the Morning Musume Concert Tour 2013 Haru Michishige☆Eleven SOUL ~Tanaka Reina Sotsugyou Kinen Special~ concerts. On April 20, they were the opening act for the opening day of ℃-ute Concert Tour 2013 Haru ~Treasure Box~ in Kanagawa Prefecture.
On May 5, they performed and pre-released their second indies single "Samidare Bijo ga Samidareru" at the Hello Pro Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2013 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~ event. Following the Kenshuusei event, Juice=Juice had their first Fanclub event at Nakano Sun Plaza later that day. "Samidare Bijo ga Samidareru" later had a proper general release on June 12.
On May 19, it was announced during Hello! Project Yaon Premium Live ~Soto Fest~ that Hello Pro Kenshuusei would be releasing their second indies single titled "Ten Made Nobore!" on June 8 with Juice=Juice. The single is officially counted as Juice=Juice's third indies single. Juice=Juice and Hello Pro Kenshuusei had a release event for the single on June 13.
On June 13, the group's major debut was announced for summer 2013, with the single "Romance no Tochuu". The same day, Miyazaki Yuka was announced as the group's leader, while Kanazawa Tomoko as sub-leader. They also switched labels from Up-Front Works to hachama.
On July 5, it was announced that Otsuka had withdrawn from both Hello Pro Kenshuusei and Juice=Juice due to contractual issues with her family. Juice=Juice resumed activities as a 5 member group.
As a fresh new group, Juice=Juice participated on various shows and events: UmiFesta OGA Song on July 14, 2013 Harajuku Dream JOL Festa on July 30, BAYLINE GO! GO! radio show on August 7, Pony Canyon’s Ponikyan! Idol Club Thanksgiving ~Rival no Rival wa Idol~ on September 1, Nagoya TV's Fall 2013 Idol Festival on September 29, and TBS Japan Record Award on[When?].
On August 9, Juice=Juice began their mini live tour titled Juice=Juice Fresh Festival 2013. The tour concluded on August 28. On August 21, Juice=Juice had a Fanclub event entitled Juice=Juice Ouen Kikaku 2013.8 ~Miracle×Juice×Box~ in Tokyo.
Juice=Juice was the opening act for ℃-ute Budokan Concert 2013 "Queen of J-POP ~Tadori Tsuita Onna Senshi~" on September 9 and September 10. Juice=Juice also had handshake events prior to the Budokan concert showings.
On September 11, their debut single, "Romance no Tochuu / Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne (MEMORIAL EDIT) / Samidare Bijo ga Samidareru (MEMORIAL EDIT)", was released in 6 editions. The single debuted at #2 in the weekly Oricon charts with 37,213 copies sold.
From October 12 to November 17, Berryz Koubou and Juice=Juice performed in a joint live house fanclub tour, titled Naruchika 2013 Aki Berryz Koubou x Juice=Juice. The purpose of the Naruchika tour was for Hello! Project groups to perform in smaller cities.
On November 22, Juice=Juice was nominated for TBS Japan Record Award as Best New Artist 2013.
On December 5th Juice=Juice released their 2nd single Ijiwaru Shinai de Dakishimete yo / Hajimete wo Keiken-chuu in 6 editions. It is their highest selling single with 45,834 copies sold.
On February 27, Juice=Juice releases their first group photobook titled "Juice=Juice 1st OFFICIAL PHOTO BOOK".
On March 19, Juice=Juice released their 3rd single, Hadaka no Hadaka no Hadaka no KISS / Are Kore Shitai! in 5 editions.
On March 21, Juice=Juice's first solo live tour, Juice=Juice First Live Tour 2014 News=News ~Kakuchi yori Otodoke Shimasu!~, was announced. The tour began on June 13 and it will conclude in December.
On May 24 and 25, Juice=Juice had a fanclub tour titled "Juice=Juice 1st Fanclub Tour ~Miracle×Juice×Bus~ in Yamanashi".
Group Name OriginEdit
Juice=Juice was named by Tsunku. According to him Juice=Juice's concept should be cool and sexy. He named it with the hope that it would be a unit that was fresh and full of personality forever. Still, the fact that it is not bright and cheerful childish, It is a good stretch while mature, to COOL, and can produce a sense of youth sizzle.
- Main article: Juice=Juice Discography
- Indies singles
- [2013.03.31] Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne
- [2013.05.05] Samidare Bijo ga Samidareru
- [2013.06.08] Ten Made Nobore! (Hello Pro Kenshuusei feat. Juice=Juice)
- Major singles
- [2013.09.11] Romance no Tochuu / Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne (MEMORIAL EDIT) / Samidare Bijo ga Samidareru (MEMORIAL EDIT)
- [2013.12.04] Ijiwaru Shinai de Dakishimete yo / Hajimete wo Keiken-chuu
- [2014.03.19] Hadaka no Hadaka no Hadaka no KISS / Are Kore Shitai!
- [2014.07.30] Black Butterfly / Kaze ni Fukarete
- [2013.07.26] Juice=Juice Ohirome Event (FC)
- [2014.01.09] Juice=Juice Profile Movie Kanzenban
- [2014.xx.xx] Juice=Juice Ouen Kikaku 2013.8 ~Miracle×Juice×Box~
- [2014.04.16] Naruchika 2013 Aki Berryz Koubou x Juice=Juice
- [2014.02.27] Juice=Juice 1st OFFICIAL PHOTO BOOK
Listed are group magazine appearances only, solo magazine appearances are not included in this list.
- Even after their official debut, members can be added into the group.
- Tsunku shortens their name as "Juu=Juu".
- The average age in the group is 16.6 years old (as of mid-July 2013).
- Miyazaki Yuka is the only member who was not from Hello Pro Kenshuusei. She is also the oldest member.
- All current members participate in a SATOYAMA Movement unit.
- When they were an indies group, the members incorporate their image colors in jewelry and socks in their singles.
- They are the first group of Hello! Project to release a Triple A-side single, the second being Morning Musume.
- The Juice=Juice members unofficially declared October 10th is unofficially "JuuJuu no Hi" (Juice=Juice Day). The members hope to make it an official date in 2015.
- They are currently the only Hello! Project debuted act (not counting Mitsui Aika or Hello Pro Kenshuusei) that did not win a Best Newcomer/Best New Artist of the year award.
- Juice=Juice is the first Hello! Project unit to be created under UP-FRONT PROMOTION.
- They are the only group in Hello! Project to have fruits as their member colors.
- They are the only group in Hello! Project to not have a B-side in any of their singles.
CD Sales CountEdit
|Year||Group Sales||Collaboration Sales||Total Sales|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "ハロプロ研修生内、新ユニット結成のお知らせ。" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2013-02-03.
- ↑ "ハロプロ研修生新ユニットに関して" (in Japanese). Tsunku Official Blog. 2013-02-25.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 TommyVD. "New Hello! Project Unit named 「Juice=Juice」". Hello! News Service. 2013-02-25.
- ↑ TommyVD. "Watashi ga Iu Mae ni Dakishimenakya ne – Oricon First Week". Hello! News Service. 2013-04-10.
- ↑ TommyVD. "Juice=Juice – Morning Musume Opening Act". Hello! News Service. 2013-03-13.
- ↑ TommyVD. "~Treasure Box~ Tour – Opening Act". Hello! News Service. 2013-04-11.
- ↑ TommyVD. "H!P Trainees – Fanclub Recital & Juice=Juice Second Single". Hello! News Service. 2014-03-31.
- ↑ TommyVD. "Juice=Juice – First Fanclub Event". Hello! News Service. 2013-04-01.
- ↑ TommyVD. "Samidare Bijou ga Samidareru – General Release". Hello! News Service. 2013-05-17.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 TommyVD. "Hello! Project Premium Live – Coverage". Hello! News Service. 2014-05-19.
- ↑ TommyVD. "H!P Trainees featuring Juice=Juice – Release Event". Hello! News Service. 2013-06-11.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 "Juice=Juiceメジャーデビュー決定のお知らせ！" (in Japanese). Hello! Project. 2013-06-13. (Archived)
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 TommyVD. "Juice=Juice – Major Debut". Hello! News Service. 2013-06-13.
- ↑ UP-FRONT PROMOTION. "Juice=Juice 大塚愛菜に関するお知らせ" (in Japanese). Hello! Project Fanclub. 2013-07-05.
- ↑ TommyVD. "Juice=Juice & The Possible – UmiFesta OGA". Hello! News Service. 2013-06-28.
- ↑ TommyVD. "Juice=Juice – JOL Festa". Hello! News Service. 2013-07-14.
- ↑ TommyVD. "Juice=Juice – Public Radio Event & Magazine". Hello! News Service. 2013-08-01.
- ↑ TommyVD. "Juice=Juice – Ponikyan! Idol Club Thanksgiving". Hello! News Service. 2013-08-09.
- ↑ TommyVD. "Juice=Juice – Nagoya TV Festival". Hello! News Service. 2013-09-03.
- ↑ TommyVD. "Juice=Juice – Fanclub Event". Hello! News Service. 2013-07-12.
- ↑ TommyVD. "Juice=Juice – °C-ute Opening Act". Hello! News Service. 2013-08-31.
- ↑ TommyVD. "Juice=Juice – Budokan Events". Hello! News Service. 2013-09-06.
- ↑ TommyVD."Romance no Tochuu – Oricon First Week". Hello! News Service. 2013-09-19.
- ↑ TommyVD. "Juice=Juice – First Radio Show". Hello! News Service. 2013-09-26.
- ↑ TommyVD. "Berryz Kobo & Juice=Juice – Joint Tour". Hello! News Service. 2013-08-06.
- ↑ TommyVD. "Juice=Juice to release new single". Hello! News Service. 2013-06-01.
- ↑ TommyVD. "Juice=Juice – Anikan R Yanyan!! Cover". Hello! News Service. 2013-05-24.
- ↑ TommyVD. "°C-ute – UTB Magazine". Hello! News Service. 2013-08-21.
- ↑ TommyVD. "Juice=Juice – CDJournal Cover". Hello! Service. 2013-09-19.
- ↑ TommyVD. "°C-ute & Berryz Kobo – GiRLPOP Covers". Hello! News Service. 2013-09-25.
- Hello! Project Official Website
- Up-Front Works Official Page
- Official Google+ Page
- Official Facebook Page
- Official Twitter Page
- Official Juice=Juice Channel
- Official Ameba Blog
- Official Announcement from Hello! Project