|This Page Needs Citation|
|This article has a lack of citations. Please help this wiki community keep honest material by adding reference.
Any out of the ordinary information without references will be removed.
|Iida Kaori, July 2016|
|Also Known As||Kaorin (かおりん?)|
|Born||August 8, 1981|
|Occupation||Singer, Actress, Model|
|Agency||UP-FRONT PROMOTION, UP-FRONT CREATE|
|Associated Acts||Morning Musume, Tanpopo, Morning Musume Otome Gumi, Aoiro 7, 10-nin Matsuri, Odoru 11, 11WATER, Morning Musume Tanjou 10nen Kinentai, H.P. All Stars, Puripuri Pink, Dream Morning Musume|
|Morning Musume Information|
|Joined||September 7, 1997|
|Member Color||Dark Blue|
|Graduated||January 30, 2005|
Iida Kaori (飯田圭織) is a Japanese pop singer and actress. She is currently a soloist in UP-FRONT CREATE. She was a part of Hello! Project and is best known as a founding member of the pop group Morning Musume. She has also recorded with the Morning Musume sub-group Tanpopo. She was a member of Dream Morning Musume.
She is known for keeping her hair long throughout her Morning Musume career and also for "spacing out" frequently.
Iida Kaori was born on August 8, 1981 in Muroran, Hokkaido Prefecture.
In 1997, Iida Kaori was one of 10 runners-up in a talent contest for a new Japanese rock idol. After the contest, Tsunku offered Iida and four of the other runners-up (Abe Natsumi, Nakazawa Yuko, Ishiguro Aya, and Fukuda Asuka) the chance to be taken under his wing... on one condition: They sell 50,000 CD's of their song "Ai no Tane" within 5 days. The quintet accomplished that task in 4 days and formed Morning Musume. The group has since been increasingly popular in Japan, having achieved a cult following in the Western world and is infamous for its fluctuating memberships, with members "graduating" and joining frequently.
In 1999, Tsunku placed Iida into sub-group Tanpopo with Ishiguro Aya and 2nd generation Morning Musume member Yaguchi Mari. They specialized in singing slower, more mature songs. Together they made four singles and one album. After Ishiguro graduated from Morning Musume and Tanpopo in January 2000, Iida and Yaguchi performed Tanpopo songs as a duet until Tsunku placed 4th generation Morning Musume members Kago Ai and Ishikawa Rika into the sub-group. Tanpopo's style was also given a revamping, with songs being more upbeat and pop-ish, but nonetheless still slower than Morning Musume. In this formation, Tanpopo released 3 more singles, a compilation album, and a compilation DVD.
Hello! Project's first shuffle units were created in March and Iida Kaori was made a member of the punk-rock themed group, Aoiro 7 (青色7; Blue 7).
After Morning Musume's then-leader, Nakazawa Yuko, graduated in the spring, Iida took on the role as the group's leader.
Hello! Project's 2001 Shuffle Units debuted in July and Iida Kaori was made a member of 10nin Matsuri (10人祭; 10 Person Festival; pronounced じゅうにんまつり,Juunin Matsuri).
In July, Tanpopo, along with other Morning Musume sub-groups Petitmoni and Minimoni, experienced changes in their membership - partly due to graduating Morning Musume members and partly to showcase the newer members. As a result, Iida (along with Yaguchi Mari and Kago Ai) graduated from Tanpopo.
Hello! Project's 2002 Shuffle Units debuted in July and Iida Kaori was made a member of Odoru♡11 (おどる♡11; Dancing♡11).
Additionally, Iida pursued a solo career. Her solo career includes two albums outside of Hello! Project where she sings covers of French, Greek, and Italian songs (in their respective languages). She also has two singles in Japanese, released in advance of her impending graduation from Morning Musume—though still set in a Mediterranean-esque style; many Western fans of Morning Musume and Hello! Project have described the style of Iida's solo material as "Euro-Enka." In Morning Musume, Iida mostly sang harmony with a few solo lines. Her signature song in Morning Musume is "Yume no Naka," from the group's first album.
Hello! Project's 2003 Shuffle Units debuted in July 2003 and Iida Kaori was made a member of 11Water.
In September, Morning Musume was "split" into 2 sub-groups—Iida was made leader of Morning Musume Otome Gumi.
In May, it was announced that Iida would be graduating from Morning Musume. She would be graduating during the 2005 spring tour.
There was only one Shuffle Unit formed in December 2004, the H.P. All Stars, and it was comprised of all the then-current talents of Hello! Project. Iida Kaori is the only member of Hello! Project to have participated in all Shuffle Units since the tradition started.
On December 29, Iida released her third album, this time within Hello! Project and in Japanese.
On January 30, Iida graduated from Morning Musume to further pursue her solo career. Yaguchi Mari took over her role as Morning Musume's leader upon Iida's graduation. Her tenure of over 7 years was the longest of any Morning Musume member, and as of January 2014, she is one of seven members to remain in the group for over 7 years.
In June, Iida Kaori was made a member of the Shuffle Unit Puripuri Pink. This was the last year that a Shuffle Unit was created.
On December 21, Iida released Plein D'amour ~Ai ga Ippai~, her fourth album. This album featured songs in Japanese and many European cover songs in their original languages. This was her first album to be released since she graduated from Morning Musume.
In early 2007, Iida was chosen to be a member of Morning Musume Tanjō 10-nen Kinentai, a unit created to celebrate Morning Musume's 10th anniversary as a group. Morning Musume Tanjō 10-nen Kinentai also consisted of Natsumi Abe, Goto Maki , Niigaki Risa and Kusumi Koharu. Their first single, Bokura ga Ikiru MY ASIA (僕らが生きるMy Asia), was released on January 24, 2007.
On July 6, Iida's agency announced that she was ten weeks pregnant and getting married to Kenji, a former member of the disbanded 7 House, a band formed by Tsunku; Iida's marriage took place the next day. Iida went on a maternity leave, which began after the last Morning Musume Tanjou 10nen Kinentai Concert Tour 2007 Natsu ~Thank You My Dearest~ concert on September 1.
On February 3, Iida released a statement to her fan club that she had given birth to a baby boy on January 22 at 10:30 am. Tragically, it was announced on November 28 that her son had died on July 27 from renal failure. He was hospitalized immediately after being born due to kidney problems, and Iida spent her time going to and from the hospital to visit him. But in April, he was released from the hospital, and she began spending her days looking after him at home.
After the death of her son, she stated that in his memory, she would continue her career. She returned to the concert stage at the Hello! Project 2009 Winter Elder Club Kouen ~Thank you for your LOVE!~ tour, her first performance in one year and four months. She also performed at the Hello! Project 2009 Winter Kettei! Hello☆Pro Award '09 ~Elder Club Sotsugyou Kinen Special~ concert on February 1, which celebrated her graduation from Hello! Project along with 21 other Elder Club members.
Beginning in April, she joined M-line, the official Morning Musume graduate fan club.
In September of 2010, an event for Morning Musume’s 1st generation members: Nakazawa Yuko, Iida Kaori and Abe Natsumi was announced. The members were set to give a small performance and give fans a chance to interact with them at a small venue and listen to them sing many of the songs they sang when they first joined Morning Musume. The events took place on the following dates: January 13 at Yamano Hall – 15:00 / 18:50 and November 20 at the El Theater – 14:20 / 17:50.
Also in September, she joined the new unit, Afternoon Musume to promote Georgia coffee drinks seven other OG members.
On November 1st, 2010, It was announced that she would do a live Christmas special titled "Kaori Iida Christmas Live 2010 Ce Soir，tu es mon Pére Noël à moi ~Konya wa Anata ga Santa Claus~". The live took place on December 23 at 14:15 and 18:30.
On January 27, Iida Kaori announced on her blog that she would be holding two small live events in February. She said that she would be performing love songs at Vinoteca Stage and they will be love themed for Valentine’s Day. The event dates would be held on February 8 and on February 14.
On December 25, Iida announced on her blog that she was pregnant with her second child. Iida reported, "I’ve entered my stable period and I’m due next spring! Day after day, I wasn’t feeling very well… but now, I’m very healthy and recently, I feel small movements in my stomach. I love our child and I’m looking forward to its everyday growth." She continued, "It will become lively from now on, but please continue to support me."
On May 14, Iida announced on her blog that she had given birth to her second child, a boy. The baby weighed 2.9kg and was reported to be healthy.
On October 1, she was transferred to UP-FRONT CREATE.
On July 20, Iida released her fifth solo album and her first release since 2005, titled ONDAS.
On May 1, Iida announced that she was pregnant with her third child and would be due to give birth in the fall.
- Name: Iida Kaori (飯田圭織)
- Nickname: Kaorin (かおりん), Johnson, Kao-tan (かおたん)
- Date of Birth: August 8, 1981
- Date Married: July 7, 2007
- Place of Birth: Muroran, Hokkaido Prefecture, Japan
- Blood Type: A
- Family: Husband (Kenji), first son (deceased), second son
- Height: 168cm
- Western Zodiac: Leo
- Eastern Zodiac: Rooster
- Hello! Project Status:
- 1997-09-07: Member
- 1997-09-07: Morning Musume Member
- 2005-01-30: Graduated Morning Musume
- 2007-09-01: Maternity Leave
- 2009-01-31: Member
- 2009-03-31: Graduated
- UP-FRONT PROMOTION Status:
- 1997-09-07: Member
- 2007-09-01: Maternity Leave
- 2009-01-31: Member
- 2012-05: Maternity Leave
- 2013-10-01: Transferred to UP-FRONT CREATE
- UP-FRONT CREATE Status:
- 2013-10-01: Member
- Years in Morning Musume: 7 Years
- Image Color: Yellow (1998-present)
- Former Morning Musume Color:
- Dark Blue (2000; for Pinch Runner)
- Former Otome Gumi Color: Light Blue
- Audition Song: "Sweet Emotion" by Aikawa Nanase
- Hello! Project units:
- Shuffle Groups:
- Other units
- Hobbies: Drawing
- Special skills: Communicating, making puns
- Favorite color: Red
- Favorite flowers: Roses, tulips
- Favorite season: Summer
- Favorite words: LOVE & PEACE
- Favorite food: Oysters, scallions, cream bread
- Disliked food: Fried tofu, bacon
|1||2003-04-23||Os Avrio ~Ai wa Matte Kurenai~ (オサヴリオ ～愛は待ってくれない～)|
|2||2003-10-22||Paradinome ~Koi ni Mi wo Yudanete~ (パラディノメ ～恋に身をゆだねて～)|
|3||2004-12-29||Avenir ~Mirai~ (アヴニール ～未来～)|
|4||2005-12-21||Plein d'Amour ~Ai ga Ippai~ (プラン・ダムール～愛がいっぱい～)|
|1||2004.02.04||Aegekai ni Dakarete (エーゲ海に抱かれて)|
|2||2004.07.28||Door no Mukou de Bell ga Natteta (ドアの向こうでBellが鳴ってた)|
Compilations / OtherEdit
- [2001.??.??] Iida Kaori - Anata no Kami no Kaori (Fan Club single)
- [2004.12.22] Hello! Project - Petit Best 5 (#14 Aegekai ni Dakarete)
- [2005.12.21] Hello! Project - Petit Best 6 (#10 Sakura no Hana ga Saku Koro)
- [2002.03.27] Hajimete no Rock Concert (with Yasuda Kei, Yaguchi Mari, Goto Maki, Tsuji Nozomi, and Ogawa Makoto)
- [2003.03.26] Megami ~Mousse na Yasashisa~ (Original Long Ver.) (with Venus Mousse)
- [2003.03.26] "Sugoku Suki na no ni…ne" (with Abe Natsumi, Yasuda Kei, Yaguchi Mari, Ishikawa Rika, and Yoshizawa Hitomi)
- [2004.02.18] Suki de x5 (Morning Musume cover; with Konno Asami and Niigaki Risa)
- [2004.05.28] DANCE Suru no da! (Morning Musume cover; with Yoshizawa Hitomi)
- [2004.09.14] Do it! Now (Morning Musume cover; with Niigaki Risa and Fujimoto Miki)
- [2004.12.04] "…Suki da yo!" (Morning Musume cover; with Ishikawa Rika)
- [2004.12.08] Haru no Uta (with Yaguchi Mari, Ishikawa Rika, and Yoshizawa Hitomi)
- [2011.04.20] Mikan (Morning Musume cover; with Nakazawa Yuko, Ishikawa Rika, Fujimoto Miki, and Kusumi Koharu)
- [2011.04.20] Morning Coffee (2011 Dreamusu Ver.) (Morning Musume cover; with Nakazawa Yuko, Abe Natsumi, Yasuda Kei, and Yaguchi Mari)
- [2011.04.20] SEXY BOY ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~ (Morning Musume cover; with Nakazawa Yuko, Abe Natsumi, Yasuda Kei, and Yaguchi Mari)
- [2004-02-04] Aegekai DVD (エーゲ海) (with Aida Shoko)
- [????-??-??] Goju no To (ガッツ石松主演 五重塔)
- [2007.??.??] Shounan SPECIAL LIVE 2007 ~Ajisai~ Vol. 6 Iida Kaori (湘南ＳＰＥＣＩＡＬ ＬＩＶＥ ２００７～あじさい～Vol．6 飯田圭織)
Singles Participated InEdit
- Ai no Tane
- Morning Coffee
- Summer Night Town
- Daite HOLD ON ME!
- Memory Seishun no Hikari
- Manatsu no Kousen
- LOVE Machine
- Koi no Dance Site
- Happy Summer Wedding
- I WISH
- Ren'ai Revolution 21
- Mr.Moonlight ~Ai no Big Band~
- Souda! We're ALIVE
- Morning Musume Single Medley ~Hawaiian~ (Takagi Boo with Morning Musume, Coconuts Musume, Fujimoto Miki, and Ishii Rika)
- Do it! Now
- Koko ni Iruzee!
- Morning Musume no Hyokkori Hyoutanjima
- AS FOR ONE DAY
- Go Girl ~Koi no Victory~
- Ai Araba IT'S ALL RIGHT
- Roman ~MY DEAR BOY~
- Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari
- Namida ga Tomaranai Houkago
- THE Manpower!!!
- Last Kiss
- Seinaru Kane ga Hibiku Yoru
- Otome Pasta ni Kandou
- Koi wo Shichaimashita!
- Oujisama to Yuki no Yoru
Morning Musume Otome GumiEdit
Morning Musume Tanjou 10nen KinentaiEdit
H.P. ALL STARSEdit
Ganbarou Nippon Ai wa Katsu SingersEdit
Dream Morning MusumeEdit
-  Morning Cop
-  Pinch Runner
-  Koinu Dan no Monogatari (仔犬ダンの物語; Puppy Dan's Story)
-  Goju no To
-  Koisuru Bentou Danshi
-  Morning Musume no Heso (モーニング娘。のへそ)
-  Friday Night wa Onegai! Morning (フライデーナイトはお願い!モーニング)
- [2000-2005] Hello! Morning (ハロー!モーニング)
-  Futarigoto (二人ゴト)
-  Taiyo Musume to Umi (太陽娘と海)
-  Kochira Dai San Shaikabu (こちら第三社会部)
-  Mikeneko Holmes no Hanzaigaku Kouza (三毛猫ホームズの犯罪学講座)
-  Suugaku♥Joshi Gakuen (数学♥女子学園)
-  Hancho ~Keishicho asaka han~ Dai 6・7 wa (ハンチョウ〜警視庁安積班〜 第6・7話)
-  Pink no Bulldog ~Utau WAN WAN~ (as Kororo)
-  Glico Mousse Pocky
- [2003-03-??] Iida Kaori - Konya mo Koushin Chū! (飯田圭織・今夜も交信中!)
- [2005-04-02] Chichukai Sound Stroll (地中海 Sound Stroll)
- [2011.03.15-21] SAMURAI Banka ~Boushuu Bakumastuhen~ (SAMURAI挽歌～房州幕末編～)
- [2011.08.31-09.11] Torimakashi produce "Shimokita hakoniwa HERATs" (トリマカシproduce「下北箱庭HERATs」)
|1||Kaori KAORI Kaori (かおりKAORI圭織)||2002-05-02||ISBN 4-8470-2708-6|
|2||Hello! Project 2005 Winter All-Stars Dairanbu ~A HAPPY NEW POWER! Iida Kaori Sotsugyo Special~ (オールスターズ大乱舞～飯田圭織卒業スペシャル～)||2005.03.16||ISBN 4-8124-2077-6|
|1||Hamilton Island Morning Musume (with Morning Musume)||2001.01.18||?|
|2||Chain! Chain! Chain! (with Morning Musume)||2002.03.01||?|
|3||Morning Musume Gonagoto Photobook||2002.03.28||?|
|4||ポケットモーニング娘。〈Vol.2〉 (Pocket Morning Musume. (Volume 2)) (With Abe Natsumi, Yaguchi Mari, Goto Maki)||2003-09-??||?|
|5||Alo-Hello! Morning Musume (アロハロ! モーニング娘。写真集) (with Morning Musume)||2004.11.17||?|
|6||エーゲ海―相田翔子&飯田圭織 (The Agean: Shoko Aida & Kaori Iida)||2004-01-28||ISBN 4-0489-4254-9|
|7||Hello! Project 2005 Winter オールスターズ大乱舞 ~A HAPPY NEW POWER! 飯田圭織卒業スペシャル (Hello! Project 2005 Winter All-Stars Dairanbu ~A HAPPY NEW POWER! Iida Kaori Sotsugyo Special~)||2005-03-16||?|
- [1999-05-??/2001-06-??] Paranoia Diary (パラノイアダイアリー, Paranoia Daiarī)
- [2001-12-??] Sketchbook of Heart (心のスケッチブック。, Kokoro no Suketchi Bukku)
- [2002-12-??] Lion's Margin (ライオンのマルジャン, Raion no Marujan) (with Kamata Toshi)
- As a member of Morning Musume, Iida had the most singles under her belt with a grand total of 26 (including “Ai no Tane”) until 5th Generation members Takahashi Ai and Niigaki Risa surpassed this in 2009.
- Iida is an experienced acoustic guitar player.
- Her nickname, “Johnson,” comes from the hosts of Utaban constantly referring to her as such. The origin comes from the February 16, 1999 episode where Ishibashi Takaaki decided to associate each member with a baseball player (so he could remember them easier), and Iida supposedly resembled Davey Johnson. Iida’s nickname is the only one that stuck.
- She is the only member of Hello! Project to have been in a shuffle unit each year, and each year she has been in the largest group, with the exception of 2005, in which she was in Puripuri Pink which tied Elegies for largest, both with four members.
- She attended Hokkaido Sapporo Tousei High School and later transferred to Tokyo Municipal Yoyogi High School, where she attended alongside SPEED member Uehara Takako.
- She loves to draw and has published a few children’s books.
- Her long hair was a trademark of her image, but she cut it short not long after her graduation from Morning Musume. Since then, she has grown it out long again.
- Fans and members have remarked that she must be “communicating with aliens,” due to her frequent blank and spacey expressions.
- She, Yasuda Kei, and Ishikawa Rika appeared in the TV Drama Suugaku♥Joshi Gakuen.
- She is the one who came up with the nickname “Ayaya” for Matsuura Aya.
- She helped Maeda Yuki join Hello! Project.
- Prior to joining Morning Musume, she appeared in a battery commercial back in Sapporo. She was even a finalist in Komuro Tetsuya’s auditions held by ASAYAN at the same time.
- She once said in an interview that her dream was to be a happy mother.
- She considers herself her rival.
- She was the last one to leave Morning Musume in her generation.
- She was the youngest member to become leader of Morning Musume until 9th leader Fukumura Mizuki.
- At the Dream Morning Musume Concert Tour 2011 Haru no Mai, she was the only one to change her hairstyle during the concert, appearing at the encore with a welded tail on her left shoulder, while she had her hair down her back for the entire concert up until that point.
- She is the sixth former Morning Musume member to only graduate from Morning Musume and not Hello! Project. The first being Nakazawa Yuko, the second being Goto Maki, the third being Yasuda Kei, the fourth being Abe Natsumi, and the fifth being Tsuji Nozomi and Kago Ai.
- She and Junjun are the tallest members of Morning Musume.
- She and Abe Natsumi were born in the same hospital 2 days apart from each other.
Leader of Morning Musume
Leader of Morning Musume Otome Gumi
Longest serving member of Morning Musume
||Baby Boy 1|
||Baby Boy 2|
- ↑ Tsunku, Iida Kaori, Ishikawa Rika. "モーニング娘。に関してつんく♂及び飯田圭織・石川梨華より皆様へメッセージが届きました。" (in Japanese). Hello! Project Official Website. 2004.05.
- ↑ http://www.up-fc.jp/m-line/news_Info.php?id=1301
- ↑ http://blog.oricon.co.jp/iikaori/archive/803/0
- ↑ "ご報告。" (in Japanese). Iida Kaori Official Blog. 2017-05-01.
- Official Blog
- Official Up-Front Profile
- Official Fanclub
- Discographies: Hello! Project, UP-FRONT WORKS (archived)
- Kaori Iida at the International Movie Data Base
|Albums||01, 02, 03, 04|
|Participated Units||Morning Musume, Tanpopo, Aoiro 7, 10nin Matsuri, Odoru♡11, 11WATER, H.P. All Stars, Puripuri Pink, Dream Morning Musume|
|Former Members||1st Gen: Ishiguro Aya, Iida Kaori, Yaguchi Mari|
2nd Gen: Ishikawa Rika, Kago Ai
3rd Gen: Konno Asami, Niigaki Risa, Shibata Ayumi
4th Gen/#: Kamei Eri, Mitsui Aika, Kumai Yurina, Okai Chisato
|Singles||01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08|
|Albums||Original: TANPOPO 1|
Best: All of Tanpopo, Tanpopo / Petitmoni Mega Best
|Other||Tanpopo Single V Clips ①|
|Related Units||Morning Musume, Minimoni, Melon Kinenbi, Berryz Koubou, ℃-ute|
|Hello! Project Shuffle Unit|