|Hello Pro Tap Live|
|Current icon featuring Sayashi Riho|
|Rhythm Game by ASKISS CO.,LTD.|
|Released|| November 6, 2014 (Android)|
November 12, 2014 (iOS)
Hello Pro Tap Live (ハロプロタップライブ) is a freemium mobile game from ASKISS that was released first for Android and shortly after for iOS in November 2014. Currently, the game is only available in the Japanese versions of the AppStore resp. the PlayStore.
Hello Pro Tap Live is a rhythm based game, which means you tap icons on the screen in the rhythm of the song. To build up your team (5 front members x 5 back members), you have to use Hello! Project members in the form of cards. These cards can drop as rewards after finishing Live Shows or be found in the Gacha.
Depending on the event, there are several kinds of Gacha:
- The Friend points Gacha. This Gacha contains N cards as well as many, but not all, R cards. There's also one very rare SR card. Until now (July 2016) this is an SR Tsugunaga Momoko card.
- The event Gacha. This Gacha uses Star Stones and gives you much rarer cards, such as exclusive Rs as well as SR and SSR cards.
- Special point Gacha. Depending on the event, you can earn other points (in the past such as Water Shooting Points or Hina Points) after Lives. These are used in a special Gacha. Usually, one pull casts 300 event points. A second version of this Gacha has been introduced as well and costs 2000 points. In this Gacha (called DX-Gacha in the events so far) you can find rarer cards and the possibility to get good cards in a draw-10 pull is higher.
- Avatar Costume Gacha. This costume parts usually give your avatar an event bonus and might have better stats (Charm and Fan points) than other costume parts. Pulling the Avatar Costume Gacha costs 1 Star Stone.
- 50 Star Stone pulls. These give away only a few cards, much less than the typical 30 SS pulls (which give you 10 cards), but they usually guarantee some very rare and strong cards.
- Special Group Gacha. These usually take place once a week/event. The group depends on the song that gets introduced during the event. For example, when Help me!! was introduced to the game, they also held a special Morning Musume Gacha. While the groups usually have Gacha for themselves, Country Girls, Kobushi and Tsubaki Factory tend to be thrown together as NEWFES Gacha. During Group Gacha you can get group specific cards.
- Ticket Gacha. There are two special tickets: The "normal" ticket (usually red-brownish with golden border) and a special ticket (rainbow-coloured). The tickets are given away as ranking or collection prizes.
New cards, songs or costumes are usually introduced through events.
Until now, there have been four kinds of events:
- Simple goods-collecting events, with limited cards and costumes. Limited cards in the Gacha are a matter of luck.
- Point-collecting events, where points can be traded for goods. Rare cards are usually the prize for a great amount of points.
- Challenging events, where you have to get the highest score or amount of points possible. You will get your reward at the end of the event according to your ranking.
- Since summer 2016 there's also a special Kouhakusen event where players get divided into two groups (Red and White, like the real Kouhakusen). The winning group gets more copies of the special event card than the losing group.
- Ranking events, in which you can use points to push a member or a group in a ranking. These are usually called Push Points and can be collected after finishing Lives.
- Bingo events. The last digit of a Live Score was marked on a bingo card. For one full line on the card you got one bingo point, which could be exchanged for rewards.
There is also a small story mode available in which you become the newest addition to Hello! Project.
At the beginning of the game you create your avatar. You start with several choices for your face and hair and a set of basic clothes. You can collect more clothes through Live Show drops, event rewards or log-in bonuses.
There are three currencies in the game that you can exchange for goods.
- Haros, displayed as gold coins. Haros are used to pay extra lessons to your cards. Haros can drop after Live Shows or will be given out as log-in bonuses.
- Star Stones, displayed as blue and purple diamonds. Star Stones can be used in the event Gacha or to refill your life. They can also be bought with real money. If you don't want to pay for them, there are other ways to obtain them, such as through log-in bonuses (3 every new month) or event rewards.
- Star Stone fragments, displayed as a single small blue and purple diamond. 100 fragments make one Star Stone. You can get 10 every day as a log-in bonus and a few for daily quests (usually around 50).
- Friend points, displayed as blue coins. They are used in the Friend points Gacha. Friend points can be obtained through Live Show drops, log-in bonuses or event rewards.
- Event Points (under different names such as Sweets Points, Happy Points, etc.). Players get rewards based on the amount of points they gathered or can use the points in special Point Gachas.
Types of Cards (Rarities) Edit
- N cards. Usually drop as Live Rewards. While older members were introduced with N cards, new members (new generations or groups) don't get N cards anymore.
- R cards. Every member has one or more R cards. These are usually the rarity new members are introduced with.
- SR cards. The most common cards in the Star Stone Gacha.
- SSR cards. Most first prizes from events are SSR cards.
- SSR Kai cards. Improved SSR cards. All Duet Cards are SSR Kai cards, as well as some new cards.
- VR cards. The "V" stands for "Voice". These cards actually say a few lines when used. So far (July 2016) there are two VR cards: Fukumura Mizuki and Yajima Maimi. They also announce the game title in the starting screen.
- UR cards. The strongest cards. By July 2016 these are the available UR cards:
- Yajima Maimi
- Suzuki Airi
- Okai Chisato
- Fukumura Mizuki
- Sayashi Riho
- Sato Masaki (Wagamama ki no Mama Ai no Joke vers.)
- Sato Masaki (New Years vers.)
- Kudo Haruka
- Wada Ayaka
- Nakanishi Kana
- Tsugunaga Momoko
- Hamaura Ayano
Available Songs Edit
The following songs can be unlocked:
- Morning Musume
- The Peace!
- Renai Revolution 21
- One Two Three
- Kimagure Princess
- Morning Coffee
- LOVE Machine
- Oh my wish!
- What is LOVE?
- Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke
- Maji Desu ka Ska!
- The Matenrou Show
- Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi
- One and Only
- Sukatto My Heart
- ENDLESS LOVE
- Seishun Kozou ga Naiteiru
- Utakata Saturday Night!
- The Vision
- Help me!!
- Berryz Koubou
- Country Girls
- ANGERME / S/mileage
- Kobushi Factory
- Tsubaki Factory
To unlock the next difficulty level you have to complete the easier level with at least a C-rank.
Since late July 2015 the game has been adding expert mode songs as well. Currently following songs are available in expert mode (coming in Easy, Normal and Hard difficulty):
- The first event of the game was a Michishige Sayumi Graduation event. Since it ended you can't get any Michishige Sayumi cards anymore. After the Berryz Koubou Graduation event, however, Berryz Koubou cards are still available through both their songs and the Gachas. There will be no new cards of them, though (with the exception of Tsugunaga Momoko as a member of Country Girls). Cards of Shimamura Uta have also been taken out of the game after her departure.
- New members and groups are added to the game after some time.
- Some early reports wrote that you would have to pay for your avatar, new members and new songs. This is not correct. Neither clothes for your avatar nor songs are available to buy. Buying Star Stones may give you an advantage in getting new members, but is not necessary.