|Born||September 6, 1983|
|Origin||Maui, Hawaii, United States|
|Associated Acts||Coconuts Musume, Akagumi 4, Delaunay|
Danielle Delaunay (Japanese: ダニエル・デラウニー) is a singer. She was one of the original members of Coconuts Musume, being a member of the group from June 1999 to April 2001. She graduated from the group and Hello! Project to pursue her college education.
After a year studying musical theory in Los Angeles, she moved to England to study at the Conservatoire for three years, graduating in 2005. She went on to pursue a theatre career in Hertfordshire, England.
In May 2007, it was announced that she had formed a new band called Delaunay. The band had a promotional deal with Netlive which presented videos, songs and updates about the band over the next six months. They actively performed in London, UK, until they split at the end of the year. After they split, she continued as a soloist.
In 2008, she married former Delauney guitarist Joti Mangat and later gave birth to a son.
In 2011, she gave birth to another son.
She currently runs a vocal training studio in Paia, Hawaii called Danielle Delaunay Voice Studio.
- Name: Danielle Delaunay
- Birthday: September 6, 1983
- Married: 2008
- Family: Husband, 2 Sons
- Birthplace: Maui, Hawaii, United States
- Location: Hertfordshire, England
- Height: 5' 3"
- Ethnicity: Caucasian
- Hello! Project Groups:
- Coconuts Musume (1999-2001)
- Shuffle Groups:
- 2000: Akagumi 4
- Delaunay (2007)
- Original songs
- Mother Dear
- Hana no Furu Soro (花の降る空) ("Mother Dear" Japanese version)
- Not Yet At Least
- Too Close
- Good Enough
Singles Featured InEdit
- "Waterworld" Appeared as a photo double for Tina Majorino and was an extra on the set.
- "Baywatch" Co-starring appearance as "Cindy" in the pilot film.
-  Hawaii Five-0 (season 3 episode 1, as Maria Gold)
- "Eve" in production of "The Apple Tree".
- Female lead as "Louisa" in musical production of "The Fantasticks".
- Female lead as "Jaguar" in musical production of "Yanomamo".
- Chorus role in musical production of "Scrooge".
- Female lead as "Little Mary" in musical production of "10 Nights in a Barroom".
- Chorus role in musical production of "Roar of the Greasepaint, Smell of the Crowd".
- Opal Car Commercial
- Clorox Commercial
- Ruebelle Designs Model
- Japanese Fashion Magazine
- Danielle studied Speech Level Singing with Seth Riggs, David Stroud and Joy Fields.
- She graduated from the Conservatoire of Acting and Musical Theatre in 2005.
- Delaunay was, and is the only fully Caucasian member to have ever been in Hello! Project.
- She was once the face of Ruebelle Designs.
- Despite not being able to speak Japanese, Danielle was known for having a fun, bubbly personality and a great singing voice to match.
- She has had 6 Singles Released, 5 Music Videos, 4 National tours (10,000 - 20,000 audience members).
- She has had 2 years of television / print ads / online promotions / appearances / performances, rigorous dance rehearsals, collaborations with national stars: Tsunku, producer and Morning Musume.
- She had a 2 year recording contract in Coconuts Musume with Sony Music Japan and Galaxy Productions Japan.
- During one of Morning Musume's trips to Hawaii, Goto Maki was attempting to make a decorative bowl out of a pineapple. Delaunay then cut it into pieces thinking Maki was trying to gut out the pineapple.
|Former Members||1st Gen: Kimura Ayaka, Chelsea Ching, April Barbaran, Danielle Delaunay, Mika Todd|
2nd Gen: Lehua Sandbo
|Singles||01, 02, 03, 04, 05|
|Other||Coconuts Musume (VHS/DVD), The Single|
|Related Units||Minimoni, Petitmoni|